Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79
  1. #21
    Brighton Born & Bred symyjym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brighton / Hove actually
    Posts
    10,142


    1 Not allowed!
    We are close enough on gd, 6, to Newcastle for it to be an achievable aim. It is going to be a very close finish and a better gd is worth half a point.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Location
      Nr Lewes
      Posts
      645


      1 Not allowed!
      Best season for me!! Love all this speculation, self doubt, whatiffery.
      Udders must be literally shitting themselves at every game. A bad day for us over the run-in means more speculation and pantshittery regarding a chasing Udders. A bad day for them means END OF EVERYTHING! and a play-off lottery. The pressure on them is huge, with no room for error, something will give.
      I think that if anyone is going to get complacent, it will be Udders. The more they hear about 'invincible Huddersfield' the more they will be expecting to walk 'easy' games. We all know what happens then.
      Have you seen the Muppet Show........
    • #23
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      12,632


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Mod View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not seen one on goal difference, some on here think we're promoted already, hmmm. I believe its very relevant, i'll save this thread until early May.
      But you didn't save it, you started it in March......

      I haven't counted up how many 'speculation' threads there are but we must be in double figures already.

      Maybe GD is just too painful to think about after last season, but we all know it's relevant and could come down to that. Hopefully if it does its between us and Huddersfield not Toon.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #24
      Members BBassic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Communist Republic of Deviancy
      Posts
      4,806


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Mod View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      With both ourselves and Newcastle struggling for the consistency of winning results,we should consider that goal difference may well be the telling factor again. I don't think we should ignore it, its clearly now a three horse race and both the other contenders should be viewed on their merits, we can catch Newcastle on goal difference, to ignore it would be costly.
      We're currently equal with Newcastle on points. Bugger the goal difference.
    • #25
      Brighton Born & Bred symyjym's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      Brighton / Hove actually
      Posts
      10,142


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bob'n'weave View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Best season for me!! Love all this speculation, self doubt, whatiffery.
      Udders must be literally shitting themselves at every game. A bad day for us over the run-in means more speculation and pantshittery regarding a chasing Udders. A bad day for them means END OF EVERYTHING! and a play-off lottery. The pressure on them is huge, with no room for error, something will give.
      I think that if anyone is going to get complacent, it will be Udders. The more they hear about 'invincible Huddersfield' the more they will be expecting to walk 'easy' games. We all know what happens then.
      If a draw is a bad day they need 4 of them if we average 2 points a game. I doubt Udders are shitting themselves, they are enjoying their football and the chase. They probably don't even care about going through the playoff route via a trip to Wembley.
    • #26
      LUZZING chairs about Wilko's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2003
      Location
      Madrid
      Posts
      8,343


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BBassic View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We're currently equal with Newcastle on points. Bugger the goal difference.
      Why bugger the goal difference? I see no logic in not paying attention to goal difference, if it is within the realm of possibility to catch Newcastle on that front then we should. It could be the difference between champions and 2nd or 2nd and 3rd. One big spanking of a team (Wigan at home for example) would get us right on track.
    • #27
      Members studio150's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      On the Border
      Posts
      10,013


      0 Not allowed!
      Forget goal difference it could come down to goals scored if we are level with Newcastle.
    • #28
      Members swindonseagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Swindon, but used to be manila seagull
      Posts
      3,626


      1 Not allowed!
      Jesus H these threads are boring now, no one can see the future, no one knows so let's just take it one game at a time until it's decided.
      K55 BHA
    • #29
      Members BBassic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Communist Republic of Deviancy
      Posts
      4,806


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wilko View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why bugger the goal difference? I see no logic in not paying attention to goal difference, if it is within the realm of possibility to catch Newcastle on that front then we should. It could be the difference between champions and 2nd or 2nd and 3rd. One big spanking of a team (Wigan at home for example) would get us right on track.
      Yeah I was a bit dismissive. I merely meant that I'd rather not have to rely on goal difference to go up / go up as Champions. Whilst we're still in a position to achieve what we want via hard fought points then that's where the focus should be. Of course that's not to say we can't go and get those points, as you say, with a couple of high scoring drubbings
    • #30
      LUZZING chairs about Wilko's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2003
      Location
      Madrid
      Posts
      8,343


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by swindonseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Jesus H these threads are boring now, no one can see the future, no one knows so let's just take it one game at a time until it's decided.
      Natural to speculate and mentally play around with points and goals. It is all part of the fun/anxiety.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •