Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It Could Come Down to Goal Difference, Again!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
With both ourselves and Newcastle struggling for the consistency of winning results,we should consider that goal difference may well be the telling factor again. I don't think we should ignore it, its clearly now a three horse race and both the other contenders should be viewed on their merits, we can catch Newcastle on goal difference, to ignore it would be costly.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Perhaps you could enlighten me with the definitive answer? If this forum is not about discussion what are you doing on it?

It's the variety of discussion which makes this forum so good. Too many similar threads get tedious.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The only way that goal difference will be a factor is for the title - personally as long as we get promoted i couldn't give a toss if we finish 1st or 2nd.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not seen one on goal difference, some on here think we're promoted already, hmmm. I believe its very relevant, i'll save this thread until early May.

Can you point me towards someone who thinks we're already promoted ?

Personally I'm still shitting myself, much like everyone else.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Perhaps you could enlighten me with the definitive answer? If this forum is not about discussion what are you doing on it?

I think the point is that there a lot of threads on 'what iffery', extending current form etc etc. It's a free world and if folk want to post it is up to them, but problem is that the threads really don't tell us a lot that isn't blindingly obvious.

This is an example: yes, GD could be a factor both for promo and champions. So what do you do about it? Well, win matches by a big margin. Sort of think that's what the players are paid to do. It is only going to be an issue between us and Toon anyway. CH has to game manage; sometimes going for more goals is OK, but there will be occasions when players' fitness or the state of he match means stick with the points.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The only way that goal difference will be a factor is for the title - personally as long as we get promoted i couldn't give a toss if we finish 1st or 2nd.
Not if Hudds finish a point or more ahead of both us and Newcastle! Given the run that Hudds are on, it's not that rediculous of a suggestion that they could actually win this league.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
With both ourselves and Newcastle struggling for the consistency of winning results,we should consider that goal difference may well be the telling factor again. I don't think we should ignore it, its clearly now a three horse race and both the other contenders should be viewed on their merits, we can catch Newcastle on goal difference, to ignore it would be costly.

NUFC Last 10 W5 D4 L1 1.9PpG
BHAFC Last 10 W5 D2 L3 1.7PpG

NUFC 1st ten games 1.9PpG 2nd ten games 2.4PpG 3rd ten games 2.2PpG Season 2.08PpG
BHAFC 1st ten games 1.8PpG 2nd ten games 2.4PpG 3rd ten games 2.2PpG Season 2.08PpG

Looks to me that both teams have been around the 2PpG all season, and the last batch of 10 fixtures isn't a huge departure from that.

I honestly think there's a mindset that embeds at this time of the season; every inch matters more. Every win papers over cracks and each loss is evidence the wheels are coming off.

Both clubs remain top of the pile despite our perceived wobbles, and were it not for a frankly bizarre run of form from the team in 3rd, we'd be comfortably clear at the top by 11pts. Both clubs remain on course for a 100pt (or near as damn it) season and that there's a 3rd team that's on course for a c95pt season is unique.

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
Not if Hudds finish a point or more ahead of both us and Newcastle! Given the run that Hudds are on, it's not that rediculous of a suggestion that they could actually win this league.
Here's hoping. :D

Our goal difference is not going to do us too many favours.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm... points over GD... it's a fact...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

There was nothing I said that suggested they couldn't - the thread was about goal difference, not if Hudds get more points than us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here