Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Brighton

Votes: 43 65.2%
  • No team is best. We're all winners.

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters

For goodness' sake. Which is best, my left foot or my right foot? Poll! :shootself

Lighten up Mr Tackle. Just a bit of fun.

I thought it was interesting not just that one team beat another which beat another and so on, but in this case we have different teams doing the double over each other.

I am pleased to see the healthy bias in voting that we are the best team.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In the mini league, it's Fulham on goal difference:

Fulham Pts 6 GD +1
Newcastle Pts 6 GD 0
Brighton Pts 6 GD -1

The logical answer is whoever finishes higher in the division.

But having seen most matches and all four of our matches v both I'd say Fulham are comfortably the best team I have seen this season, but they clearly lack something (mainly points).

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Fulham are the most attacking team we've played, they lost both games against us but I'm really not sure how. I know a Fulham fan and he said their biggest problem all season has been the centre of the defence, not had a consistent pairing all season which has left them very fragile at times.

That being said I also thought Villa at the AMEX were very good, at the time I wondered how they had so few points and I still wonder it now, we were lucky to get a point.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting Poll. All good teams granted but the one that concerns me most at the moment isn't even a choice.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Fulham were a very good side in terms of attacking but that doesn't make you the best team. Football is about defending and attacking. They are 7th for a reason. That said I hope they get in the play offs at the expense of Massive or Reading.
I personally think we play more as a team in terms of we can attack and defend well. It's well drilled. Newcastle have better individuals across the starting 11 and as said going forward Fulham are great. Personally I though the best display against us was Huddersfield away. Another side who know what they are doing as a unit. Any justice will see the current top 3 all go up but as we know it doesn't work that way

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Big difference between easy on the eye and good.

We (Newcastle) don't play dazzling football much, but we're top of the league, we're pragmatic and efficient, as are Brighton.

Both sides are pushing for the title because we have managers that know the value of a clean sheet and work damn hard to deliver them. Fulham totally deserved their 3 points this weekend and we were abject, on the whole. However I'd happily face Fulham in the play-offs, rather than Brighton or Newcastle.

Both of us have a well drilled defence and an efficient strike force. Should one part fail we should still have enough for a result. If both fail, well that happens in football. Fulham are great going forward, but permit a lot of shots and chances against them. If their forward line isn't working, they're in big trouble.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You have to ask :) No seriously the recent result against Forest proves that on their day ANY team in this league can beat ANY other

On your point: Toon smashed us on their ground and we didnt have a chance but ours i blame Houghtons tactics and a lack of concentration when we were ahead
Vs Fulham its was the reverse - At their place we were on top but conceeded by reacted brilliantly and scored twice in a few minutes and then repeated the process when they came here after they scored first.
For toon vs Fulham their recent victory was great for us but quite frankly their first meeting was the second match of the season before any teams had settled so you cant count any result that early.
I hope Fulham sneak into the PlayOffs and knockout massive from 6th place (revenge is sweet) but on balance of the whole season i still think Huddersfield deserve their chance in the PL with us (but them going up via playoff of course!)

Oh shit!

Where are we in the re-worked table then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here