Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March Madness

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Anybody in the US doing the brackets?

Like the looks of Villanova and Duke in the East, Arizona and Gonzaga in the West, Kansas in Mid-West and North Carolina and UCLA in the South.

Going with Kansas and Duke in the Final, with Kansas winning.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know you're speaking in English, but beyond that, I'm really struggling here.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I assume this is the weird North American fascination with COLLEGE sport. I was having brunch with a friend yesterday, and she was trying to convince me how exciting it is. I was really struggling to pretend I was interested.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I assume this is the weird North American fascination with COLLEGE sport. I was having brunch with a friend yesterday, and she was trying to convince me how exciting it is. I was really struggling to pretend I was interested.

I've think I've been in the States too long - I only do it for money, won $150 off the saps in the office last year

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've think I've been in the States too long - I only do it for money, won $150 off the saps in the office last year

Am I right in saying it's just an office SWEEPSTAKE, but they somehow make it really complicated?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Am I right in saying it's just an office SWEEPSTAKE, but they somehow make it really complicated?

You're right - they make it really complicated, but it whiles away a few hours at work

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Never done it before but got a company email about it, got North Carolina beating someone in the final, know nothing about Basketball let alone the kids version but I might win money.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Never done it before but got a company email about it, got North Carolina beating someone in the final, know nothing about Basketball let alone the kids version but I might win money.

If you end up watching any in a bar just remember to (a) whoop loudly and (b) scream 'good hustle kid' at the TV. You will achieve expert status.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
As it's college basketball, I assume each team has a player who's forgotten his PE kit and has to wear whatever he finds in the lost property bin.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Love a bracket challenge. Will be going into this year's with hardly any knowledge at all. Oregon to make a surprise run to the final four. Otherwise I agree with the Kansas/Duke shout.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
When I was living in New York I really struggled with this. I just couldn't find an affinity with any team (mainly because I didn't go to college in the US), but the national obsession with it is amazing.

I'm sticking to hoping the Rangers put a decent run together and avoid the Caps in the playoffs......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Anybody in the US doing the brackets?

Like the looks of Villanova and Duke in the East, Arizona and Gonzaga in the West, Kansas in Mid-West and North Carolina and UCLA in the South.

Going with Kansas and Duke in the Final, with Kansas winning.

Duke have been a bit up and down, and obviously suffered when Coach K was recovering from his op, but beating UNC in the ACC Championship game is probably more of an indication of how they will go from now. Also being a 2 seed could well suite them.

I said Duke at the start of the season so will stay with them,

boik

Duke have been a bit up and down, and obviously suffered when Coach K was recovering from his op, but beating UNC in the ACC Championship game is probably more of an indication of how they will go from now. Also being a 2 seed could well suite them.

I said Duke at the start of the season so will stay with them,

Wow, I'm impressed at your knowledge of something so completely and utterly irrelevant!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

:shrug:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Blimey, I like American Football and can stand to watch Baseball but Basketball is a step too far, would rather watch Netball even if I know most of the participants are rug munchers... :p

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I've got a Final Four of Duke, Arizona, Oregon and UNC, with Duke beating UNC in the final....

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can cope with acne, they're supposed to have that.
I can even cope with the 'units'.
I found Gonzaga's 'outhouse' sporting a beard the Bruno would be proud of, hard to accept.

But come on a Wichita State pupil with male pattern baldness just made a brief cameo.

I'm 47 and i look young than that kid.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here