Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 104
  1. #71

    0 Not allowed!
    They are in a financially much better place than us and i get why PB is doing what he is. But it would be great once we are up and established if we could do the same #together

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #72
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Patknull med Haksprut
      Posts
      36,262


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Gariani View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What a brilliant scheme... Absolutely love the bit about the club facilitating the passing on of spare tickets to other non-ST fans and/or those who can't afford to buy them.

      West Ham have also announced today their second consecutive freeze (NB defined as no increase) on their season ticket prices. Adults can buy from £289 and U16s for £99.

      Just shows what is possible with a bit of imagination and how in the Premier League you do not have to fleece your fans for every penny on ticket prices unless you really want to.
      Agree with you to a degree, although TB has paid £140m for the Amex and Lancing, whereas the novelty toy salesmen who own the Hammers are renting the London Stadium (capacity 60,000) for £2.5m a year, after you the taxpayer paid £272million to convert it into a football venue.

      They can afford to be generous.
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
    • #73
      Part time moderator Giraffe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      BN14
      Posts
      19,968


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Agree with you to a degree, although TB has paid £140m for the Amex and Lancing, whereas the novelty toy salesmen who own the Hammers are renting the London Stadium (capacity 60,000) for £2.5m a year, after you the taxpayer paid £272million to convert it into a football venue.

      They can afford to be generous.
      Is it being generous though? Does sharing season tickets REALLY cost the club money? In my experience the only people I know who have used someone else's season ticket are people that are not going to go anyway. They then fill a seat that otherwise wouldn't have been filled, may buy pies, drink, programme, etc and also may start to get the Albion bug and then get a season ticket themselves. I genuinely believe that sharing a season ticket with someone else is a good thing for the club, both financially and morally.

      West Ham are being clever and realising it happens anyway and taking a little cut out of it and benefiting charity in the process. We could easily do a bit of that with the right technology. As someone above has said if they charged £5 to transfer (plus an upgrade if applicable) then it would make quite a bit and I think people would still be happy.
    • #74
      Objective but passionate
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      1,579


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Brighton already has a ticket transfer facility for 1901ers but it's just to send your ticket to a single person I.e. no option to donate it to a pool. It's free as well.
      Come now, Herr T. Nobody wants those kind of down-at-heel unfortunates, in the lounges.
      Stand or Fall
    • #75
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Patknull med Haksprut
      Posts
      36,262


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Is it being generous though? Does sharing season tickets REALLY cost the club money? In my experience the only people I know who have used someone else's season ticket are people that are not going to go anyway. They then fill a seat that otherwise wouldn't have been filled, may buy pies, drink, programme, etc and also may start to get the Albion bug and then get a season ticket themselves. I genuinely believe that sharing a season ticket with someone else is a good thing for the club, both financially and morally.

      West Ham are being clever and realising it happens anyway and taking a little cut out of it and benefiting charity in the process. We could easily do a bit of that with the right technology. As someone above has said if they charged £5 to transfer (plus an upgrade if applicable) then it would make quite a bit and I think people would still be happy.
      The Albion seem very sensitive to the issue.

      As you know I live in the North West, and season tickets for United and Liverpool in particular are difficult to get hold of. In some families they are handed down from father to son/daughter as a form of rite of passage, and quite a few STH have died but tickets are renewed in their name by the families, as the alternative is being stuck on a 15,000 person waiting list, and then ending up sitting away from your family and friends.

      I know plenty of United and Liverpool fans who have a ST but, for whatever reason, and I'm not judging them, will only go to 3-4 matches a season. The rest they sell on a match by match basis to friends, not to make a profit, just looking after their mates. It works for everyone involved, although is at odds with the view taken by the Albion.

      The Albion face, for the first time since the early Withdean days, the prospect of every match being sold out or close to being sold out next season, including many away matches (although I suspect that a 12:30 Saturday kick off at home/away to Burnley won't fall into that category).

      The recent announcements are their way of dealing with the issue, they have both merits and demerits.
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
    • #76
      1997 Club attila's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      South Central Southwick
      Posts
      1,814


      2 Not allowed!
      While Barber's approach may have been justifiable in the pre-Sky days, it is totally unacceptable when games can be moved at a few weeks' notice. We all have lives to lead. Some season ticket holders have to work Friday/Saturday evenings. (As next Sat when, having planned the weekend's gigs around Leeds away and Huddersfield Literature Festival the 5.30 ko means I can't get from match to gig in time and will have to watch the match in a f******* pub in Hudds with a bunch of Terriers doubtless cheering on Dirty Leeds....however much they claim to hate them)
    • #77
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Posts
      10,390


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      At those prices I imagine some just buy them to go and watch the BIG teams. I imagine they get a huge amount of no-shows which has prompted that scheme.

      I like it though, would be nice to have something similar, esp donating to those who would normally have no chance of going.
      Yes but think of the bloke who has to sit next to some poor people for a game though, won't somebody think of the middle classes!!!
      Too many Florence Nightingales. Not enough Robin Hoods.
    • #78
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Posts
      10,390


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bry Nylon View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Surely life is bad enough as it without making them turn up to see West Ham get systematically dismantled every other week? Seems cruel.
      "well things might be bad at the moment but at least i don't have to watch this lot every week?"
      Too many Florence Nightingales. Not enough Robin Hoods.
    • #79
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Chandlers Ford
      Posts
      50,232


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As someone above has said if they charged £5 to transfer (plus an upgrade if applicable) then it would make quite a bit and I think people would still be happy.
      You say that as though you believe it. I call bollocks.

      If the club did this, and charged £5, there would be uproar from all of the usual posters who cannot WAIT for any reason to criticise the club - and the demon Barber specifically (ALL 'bad' decisions are his, right?)

      There are at least 4 posters on this thread alone who would be queuing up with their accusations of profiteering - "£5 admin fee? They're taking the piss" etc, etc.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
    • #80
      Part time moderator Giraffe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      BN14
      Posts
      19,968


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You say that as though you believe it. I call bollocks.

      If the club did this, and charged £5, there would be uproar from all of the usual posters who cannot WAIT for any reason to criticise the club - and the demon Barber specifically (ALL 'bad' decisions are his, right?)

      There are at least 4 posters on this thread alone who would be queuing up with their accusations of profiteering - "£5 admin fee? They're taking the piss" etc, etc.
      Well maybe, but at least it would formalise a process which at the moment seems a bit too informal. The clubs stance is completely different to what is happening in reality and that doesn't make sense. £5 may be too steep, but something like that would be welcome I feel.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •