Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I thought it was still OK at the Amex to pass an adult season ticket to another adult for a game you couldn't attend. I may have missed something clearly.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...or donate it to the West Ham United Foundation, meaning some of the most deprived West Ham supporters in the local borough can benefit by watching the Hammers in action.

Surely life is bad enough as it without making them turn up to see West Ham get systematically dismantled every other week? Seems cruel.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought it was still OK at the Amex to pass an adult season ticket to another adult for a game you couldn't attend. I may have missed something clearly.

I believe technically it never has been as season tickets are nontransferable. In reality, the club has always turned a blind eye and I suspect will continue to do so, despite the fuss over the recent press release. If they do tighten up on that, it will cause a lot of bad feeling. It would certainly be good to have a system in place where there are no blurred boundaries and where tickets don't have to be physically handed over. The idea of being able to donate them to charity if no one else can use them is excellent I think.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Given we run our 'ticket exchange' from Survey Monkey I think this idea might be a little be too progressive for some within the club.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I find it hard to believe that Ticketmaster are only charging £1.25. They normally charge about 3 times that much for the "admin fees" associated with letting you print your own ticket.

sounds like year one price to me £2.50 next year £5 year three..

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The West Ham thing just looks like a way to pass your season ticket seat on to someone else without actually having to give them your card. While that's good in itself one of the main reasons we get a lot of empty seats, especially for evening games, is where the season ticket holder is a child. WHUFC don't say whether or how a child's ticket could be upgraded to an adult. It would make more sense for us to allow more upgrades from child to adult tickets when games are being moved from Saturday afternoons to Friday evenings for TV. Might see a few less empty seats on the box then.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Does anyone know...Under 21 and over 65 prices the same so can over 65 use U21 ticket without changing it ??

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What a brilliant scheme... Absolutely love the bit about the club facilitating the passing on of spare tickets to other non-ST fans and/or those who can't afford to buy them.

West Ham have also announced today their second consecutive freeze (NB defined as no increase) on their season ticket prices. Adults can buy from £289 and U16s for £99.

Just shows what is possible with a bit of imagination and how in the Premier League you do not have to fleece your fans for every penny on ticket prices unless you really want to.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's a great idea.

All this talk of clamping down does have me worried. I'm on an out of hours support rota at work so once every four weeks I need to be within five minutes walking distance of my computer. Naturally this means I miss the odd home game but usually a mate of my Dad takes the ticket off my hands. I can't fathom how that is more of a problem than having an empty seat.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
West Ham ticket exchange system also offers refund of 90% of seat cost back to your account and they'll take it off next year's season ticket payment.

If you miss a Cat A game then you get £30 credit back (on a ST that cost you £499 = average per game £26).

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I believe technically it never has been as season tickets are nontransferable. In reality, the club has always turned a blind eye and I suspect will continue to do so, despite the fuss over the recent press release. If they do tighten up on that, it will cause a lot of bad feeling. It would certainly be good to have a system in place where there are no blurred boundaries and where tickets don't have to be physically handed over. The idea of being able to donate them to charity if no one else can use them is excellent I think.

Thanks, perhaps OK was the wrong expression to use. I was thinking more that the turnstiles register its an adult using the ticket so its not policed in the same way as abuse of differing price bands.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Their ST benefits do sound excellent, and fair play for all that. Those using it as a stick to beat the club with* please bear in mind that if we'd been GIVEN a brand new taxpayer-funded stadium, with lots of match-day costs covered into the bargain, our club could afford to be equally benevolent.

*feel free to use the 'legal' precedents as a stick - not so much the financial.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Can see this becoming a very popular way for clubs to profit from shared season tickets. Put photo ID on every season card, say it has to be the named ticket holder using it, but offer a £5 service for ticket forwarding. Club can still say it reasonably allows people to share season tickets but can profit from that section of support. Only issue is whether that it worth more to them than the potential lost single match sales having set up a ticket forwarding system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here