Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Build A Bonfire - Komedia, 26 April

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Announcing a one-off show taking place on the 20th anniversary of the last day at the Goldstone Ground.

Hosted by Build A Bonfire co-authors Steve North and Paul Hodson at Komedia in Brighton, and compered by Attila The Stockbroker, the evening will be a celebration of the fans' efforts over two years to save Brighton & Hove Albion from oblivion. There will be readings from the book, interview with the main protagonists, and stand-up comedians to entertain over the course of the evening.

We hope you can make it.

All proceeds go to REMF.

See attached poster for details...

BuildABonfire poster4.jpg

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Without wishing to stir up a hornets nest, what has a Watford-supporting ex hoolie got to do with anything? Seems a strange choice.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Without wishing to stir up a hornets nest, what has a Watford-supporting ex hoolie got to do with anything? Seems a strange choice.
Who knows?

But he has previous. He was also in 'Brighton Til I Die'.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
He was also at Fans Utd I think. So just to give a perspective on it all from a supporter of a different club. Everyone else involved and on bill is an Albion fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Tickets are selling now.

The room has a capacity of just under 300, so do get in there quickly...

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Looking forward to this event, and decided to read the book again this week.
Its incredible how it brings it all back.

The last paragraph of the Foreword by Liam Brady reads:
Albion supporters have demonstrated unbelievable determination in fighting to save their club. This determination demonstrates that this club will survive and eventually return to happier times

We are now living in those happier times.

How I would love for the author of this prophecy to be one of the special guests at the Komedia next week.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
On the subject of Bellotti, rather than speak ill of the dead, the below quote from his 'friend' sums him and his ilk up perfectly in regards to football and some quite astonishing untruths:

Jay Risbridger 12th Jun '15 - 6:10pm
It was such sad news to hear that David had succumbed to his illness and my thoughts are very much with his family. I was very proud to be selected to step into his shoes, at short notice, to try and retain his lyncombe ward council seat. We had other things than politics in common as I am from Brighton originally and I have also been, like David a Man U supporter for over 30 years. Football was David’s passion and to set the record straight on Brighton FC, the club may not now be in the wonderful Amex stadium had David not kept it solvent by moving it into the Preston Park ground. All David’s politics was informed by his desire to help young people achieve their potential and his children can be immensely proud of the their father. So long David, you could be both charming, and exasperating but what a character, you will be remembered for a long time by all who knew you.

http://www.libdemvoice.org/former-mp-and-councillor-david-bellotti-dies-at-72-46358.html

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
to set the record straight on Brighton FC, the club may not now be in the wonderful Amex stadium had David not kept it solvent by moving it into the Preston Park ground.

Wow...can't think of anything to say other than that.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
On the subject of Bellotti, rather than speak ill of the dead, the below quote from his 'friend' sums him and his ilk up perfectly in regards to football and some quite astonishing untruths:

Jay Risbridger 12th Jun '15 - 6:10pm
It was such sad news to hear that David had succumbed to his illness and my thoughts are very much with his family. I was very proud to be selected to step into his shoes, at short notice, to try and retain his lyncombe ward council seat. We had other things than politics in common as I am from Brighton originally and I have also been, like David a Man U supporter for over 30 years. Football was David’s passion and to set the record straight on Brighton FC, the club may not now be in the wonderful Amex stadium had David not kept it solvent by moving it into the Preston Park ground. All David’s politics was informed by his desire to help young people achieve their potential and his children can be immensely proud of the their father. So long David, you could be both charming, and exasperating but what a character, you will be remembered for a long time by all who knew you.

http://www.libdemvoice.org/former-mp-and-councillor-david-bellotti-dies-at-72-46358.html

I thought you were making this up for a laugh. I checked down the comments in the link, and indeed you've just copied and pasted it as it is printed.
The only bit that's true is the second part of the last sentence. "...you will be remembered for a long time by all who knew you."
It seems that Jay Risbridger didn't know him at all?

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I'm going + 3.....can't wait!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here