Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Build A Bonfire - Komedia, 26 April

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
TSLR have produced a special one off edition for the event, Ive just seen a proof and they've done a great job, reprinting old Gulls Eye articles by Paul Whelch and Roy Chuter, some great shots from Stewart Weir's archive and MT90M.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Never seen this one before.

033.jpgcopyright Stewart Weir

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I don't remember Take That! getting involved!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Blast! I've only just managed to clear the decks and make space for this only to find it has sold out. I don't suppose any of you kind hearted types know of any going spare do you?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
On the subject of Bellotti, rather than speak ill of the dead, the below quote from his 'friend' sums him and his ilk up perfectly in regards to football and some quite astonishing untruths:

Jay Risbridger 12th Jun '15 - 6:10pm
It was such sad news to hear that David had succumbed to his illness and my thoughts are very much with his family. I was very proud to be selected to step into his shoes, at short notice, to try and retain his lyncombe ward council seat. We had other things than politics in common as I am from Brighton originally and I have also been, like David a Man U supporter for over 30 years. Football was David’s passion and to set the record straight on Brighton FC, the club may not now be in the wonderful Amex stadium had David not kept it solvent by moving it into the Preston Park ground. All David’s politics was informed by his desire to help young people achieve their potential and his children can be immensely proud of the their father. So long David, you could be both charming, and exasperating but what a character, you will be remembered for a long time by all who knew you.

http://www.libdemvoice.org/former-mp-and-councillor-david-bellotti-dies-at-72-46358.html

I didn't realise how much BHAFC owes the charming Mr Bellotti.

I propose a petition to get the West Stand re-named in his honour although I don't think Sky will like it as they break to the Lying ****ish McCuntface Stand at The Amex for an update.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Looking forward to 'celebrating' the 20 years at this tomorrow. Anyone know any more about the TSLR special?

See you there.

PG

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Two more tickets on sale any second now...

Available, from Komedia's website. Be quick.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Looking forward to 'celebrating' the 20 years at this tomorrow. Anyone know any more about the TSLR special?

See you there.

PG

I have the pdf and it is bloody fantastic. Loads of old gulls eye articles by Paul Whelch, roy Chuter, paul Samrah, a load of Stewart Weir shots from 96/97. Done us proud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
We're on BBC Sussex tomorrow at 8.50am talking about the show.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That would be the lovely Jo that Robbie Fowler enjoyed the company of?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
"A Man U supporter for 30 years"

Interesting

This is the piece he wrote for the last programme at The Goldstone.

View attachment 84643

What a ****ing ****

Spot on. How much of the stuff in that article, apart from the Albion bits we know are true, are true? Did he have a seat in E block? Did he visit all 92 grounds? More sickening, he uses the word "We", when describing the loss to Bournemouth. He never was with us, so couldn't be a "We".

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
On the subject of Bellotti, rather than speak ill of the dead, the below quote from his 'friend' sums him and his ilk up perfectly in regards to football and some quite astonishing untruths:

Jay Risbridger 12th Jun '15 - 6:10pm
It was such sad news to hear that David had succumbed to his illness and my thoughts are very much with his family. I was very proud to be selected to step into his shoes, at short notice, to try and retain his lyncombe ward council seat. We had other things than politics in common as I am from Brighton originally and I have also been, like David a Man U supporter for over 30 years. Football was David’s passion and to set the record straight on Brighton FC, the club may not now be in the wonderful Amex stadium had David not kept it solvent by moving it into the Preston Park ground. All David’s politics was informed by his desire to help young people achieve their potential and his children can be immensely proud of the their father. So long David, you could be both charming, and exasperating but what a character, you will be remembered for a long time by all who knew you.

http://www.libdemvoice.org/former-mp-and-councillor-david-bellotti-dies-at-72-46358.html

I think that this fitting tribute should be read out word for word at some point at the Komedia tomorrow evening, so we can all remember what an extraordinary man he was, and how lucky we were to have him connected to our football club. I'm sure this would be much appreciated by everyone present.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Any spares going? PM me please. Cheers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here