Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IndyRef2...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I would love to share your belief, however, 50+ years plus on this Earth tend to colour your experience. Remember I was brought up on the " North Sea Oil Boom " for instance... now where did that go ?

Down their necks, masses amounts of whiskey, the upshot years later.........................Nicola Sturgeon.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We were told that there would be an immediate impact post the vote, not when BREXIT was actioned. However, the Reamin camp and now saying that "Well, it's obvious that there won't be any impact until BREXIT happens", yet they say that sterling is because of BREXIT, but everything else is for the future. However, the forecasts from Mark Carney and Osborne were for interest rates to raise if there was a no VOTE and there would be a £30bln emergency budget due to the impact of the VOTE.

This hasn't happened, so what the Ramin camp are now saying is that the reduction in this months average earning increase from 2.6% to 2.3% is because of BREXIT.

So, what is it? Is BREXIT responsible, f***ing yes or no? It seems that the remain side want to make lots of predictions and thhen these fail to materialise, move the f****ing goalposts.

Christ, vegster even wants to blame the 2008 crisis on BREXIT. :rotlf:
Oh forgot to add, the Brexiteers say that everything will be wonderful when we leave but can't say how or when 'Wonderful " will manifest itself and in what form.
Apparently most of the World is already queuing up to offer us preferential deals at the expense of their own economies. Can't wait! "We will be millionaires Rodney! "

larus

Sorry, I thought I had explained it simply enough for you, sorry. Last chance, pay attention. We had a recession, we were slowly pulling out if it, things were getting better. Now things are getting bad again.... The " getting bad again " bit happened when the Pound slumped " AFTER " BREXIT and we have major uncertainty over our economy.
Hope this helps?

Sigh, it's too complicated for you I know, but I'll try.

The ONLY impact post the Brexit vote has been a drop in the value of the pound, and some of this was caused my Mark Carneys dumb decision to LOWER interest rates. Everything else is much better than before and is exceeding projections from before the vote.

Growth.
Jobs.
Wages growth.

So, there's been ONE MONTHS figures when the RATE OF INCREASE in wags has dropped from 2.3% to 2.6%, and suddenly it's "See, I warned you all. We're Doooomed. We won't be able to buy food, We're going to starve. Think about the children". You really do come across as a bed-wetter. If there hadn't been a Brexit vote and we were looking at the economy now, from where it was in 2008 and comparing to the disaster area of the EURO area, we'd be saying, ON BALANCE, things are good.

Nothing is ever perfect, yet some people seem to like to wallow in self pity. These people tend to be the ones whose own life is a failure and they have nothing, as they always look on the down-side, are unwilling to take a chance and go for it. Me, I'm a positive person and have taken risks, so I tend to be more optimistic. You seem to resent anyone who succeeds.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sigh, it's too complicated for you I know, but I'll try.

The ONLY impact post the Brexit vote has been a drop in the value of the pound, and some of this was caused my Mark Carneys dumb decision to LOWER interest rates. Everything else is much better than before and is exceeding projections from before the vote.

Growth.
Jobs.
Wages growth.

So, there's been ONE MONTHS figures when the RATE OF INCREASE in wags has dropped from 2.3% to 2.6%, and suddenly it's "See, I warned you all. We're Doooomed. We won't be able to buy food, We're going to starve. Think about the children". You really do come across as a bed-wetter. If there hadn't been a Brexit vote and we were looking at the economy now, from where it was in 2008 and comparing to the disaster area of the EURO area, we'd be saying, ON BALANCE, things are good.

Nothing is ever perfect, yet some people seem to like to wallow in self pity. These people tend to be the ones whose own life is a failure and they have nothing, as they always look on the down-side, are unwilling to take a chance and go for it. Me, I'm a positive person and have taken risks, so I tend to be more optimistic. You seem to resent anyone who succeeds.

Oh dear, getting personal now are we ? I'd better stop now before you spontaneously combust .However, getting back on topic and closing, I think Scotland should be allowed to go its own way and should not be dictated to by Westminster any longer. You can't pick and choose your Unions any more after The Brexit vote.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
We were told that there would be an immediate impact post the vote, not when BREXIT was actioned. However, the Reamin camp and now saying that "Well, it's obvious that there won't be any impact until BREXIT happens", yet they say that sterling is because of BREXIT, but everything else is for the future. However, the forecasts from Mark Carney and Osborne were for interest rates to raise if there was a no VOTE and there would be a £30bln emergency budget due to the impact of the VOTE.

This hasn't happened, so what the Ramin camp are now saying is that the reduction in this months average earning increase from 2.6% to 2.3% is because of BREXIT.

So, what is it? Is BREXIT responsible, f***ing yes or no? It seems that the remain side want to make lots of predictions and thhen these fail to materialise, move the f****ing goalposts.

Christ, vegster even wants to blame the 2008 crisis on BREXIT. :rotlf:

We were told there would be an immediate impact post the vote, because we were told by Cameron that Article 50 would be triggered immediately. It wasn't so there hasn't - the goalposts did move, so everything else needed to move as well.
[MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] wasn't saying that the fall in average earnings was because of Brexit. He was saying wage growth is being gobbled up by the increasing inflation, which has resulted from Brexit. So while you're right to say this one month of wage data in itself isn't particularly meaningful, you shouldn't be considering it in isolation. It is only a meaningful number in the context of inflation.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If they want to go, good luck to 'em. But, with oil revenues sinking fast due to US shale and needing to have their own currency, they'd be fecked.

Honestly can't see them voting that way. All of the polls point the other way, so this will be then end of wee Krankie too if she has the referendum.
No they wouldn't be fecked at all, and I don't see why they wouldn't vote out. Under Thatcher they consistently had a government foisted upon them that they didn't elect for 20 years, that looks set to continue because Labour are so feeble, and now they are being forced out of the EU against the wishes of their people.

I can well see why they'd want out. The Republic of Ireland isn't really noticeably poorer than Scotland and they have been masters of their own destiny for 80-odd years.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
PM May: "Now is not the time"

Theresa May has said that "now is not the time" for a second referendum on Scottish independence.
But the prime minister did not say whether she was ruling out holding a referendum at some point in the future.
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon had called for a referendum to be held in the autumn of 2018 or the spring of the following year.
But Mrs May said it would be "unfair" to hold a vote until the UK's future relationship with the EU became clear.
Mrs May said her focus was to seek the best deal possible for the whole of the UK in the forthcoming Brexit negotiations with the EU.
She added: "So when the SNP government say that now is not the time to start talking about a second independence referendum, I say that just at this point all of our energies should be focused on our negotiations with the European Union about our future relationship.
"To be talking about an independence referendum would I think make it more difficult for us top be able to get the right deal for Scotland and the right deal for the UK".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39293513

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here