Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IndyRef2...

larus

Oh dear, not notice the crash in the Pound? Not notice our import prices going up? Not noticed inflation on the rise and the stagnation of wage increases due to all the uncertainty? All this will get worse too since May appointed the three morons, who for varying reasons, are unfit to govern let alone lead complex negotiations.

We have no Plan A and no Plan B other than to hope everything works out in our favour.

Where's that £350m gone too?

From the BBC:

UK unemployment fell in the three months to January but there was a sharp slowdown in wage growth.
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said the unemployment rate fell to 4.7% - it has not been lower than that since the summer of 1975.
However, wage growth has slowed to 2.3% (excluding bonuses) from 2.6% in the previous three-month period.
Wages are rising above the rate of inflation, which is currently 1.8%, but the gap has narrowed.

Oh, you mean the stagnation of wages which are currently rising by more than the rate of inflation. Again, more lies from the Remain side. And what about the lowest level of joblessness since 1975? Christ, I'd hate to think what it's like when you get some real bad news not fake bad news.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
From the BBC:

UK unemployment fell in the three months to January but there was a sharp slowdown in wage growth.
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said the unemployment rate fell to 4.7% - it has not been lower than that since the summer of 1975.
However, wage growth has slowed to 2.3% (excluding bonuses) from 2.6% in the previous three-month period.
Wages are rising above the rate of inflation, which is currently 1.8%, but the gap has narrowed.

Oh, you mean the stagnation of wages which are currently rising by more than the rate of inflation. Again, more lies from the Remain side. And what about the lowest level of joblessness since 1975? Christ, I'd hate to think what it's like when you get some real bad news not fake bad news.
You obviously are unaware that wage growth hit this stunning peak after years of stagnation and reduction in real terms just in time to be gobbled up by inflation and Brexit uncertainty. Many people have experienced no increase in their incomes since 2008 and it may be 2022 before we see any improvement... Missed that report I'd expect? Too busy with your fingers in your ears going " La La La, La La La. "?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Brussels... every week... and will do for the next two years.

After that, we will be able to chose how to spend it ourselves.
Thanks to Hammond's NIC u turn that £350m is gone already.

larus

You obviously are unaware that wage growth hit this stunning peak after years of stagnation and reduction in real terms just in time to be gobbled up by inflation and Brexit uncertainty. Many people have experienced no increase in their incomes since 2008 and it may be 2022 before we see any improvement... Missed that report I'd expect? Too busy with your fingers in your ears going " La La La, La La La. "?

The Brexit vote was in June last year, and the financial crisis was in 2008. I know you Remainers want to blame Brexit for lots of things, but that's one hell of a thing to blame Brexit for. Maybe Brexit is so powerful it can impact historical events too.

Do you want to blame Brexit for the economic woes in Greece, Spain. Portugal, Ireland etc? How about blaming Brexit for the drought in Africa too (and that's only slightly tongue in cheek btw), as I find this doom-mongering absolutely pathetic. The FACTS are that the economy has not collapsed, yet the Remainers seem to want to pin any slight bit of bad news on Brexit (i.e. the rate of wage growth has slowed in ONE MONTHS figures). Next months figures could be stronger for all you know. All you Remainers do is look for negativity and predictions. I'm dealing with reality and facts.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
The Brexit vote was in June last year, and the financial crisis was in 2008. I know you Remainers want to blame Brexit for lots of things, but that's one hell of a thing to blame Brexit for. Maybe Brexit is so powerful it can impact historical events too.

Do you want to blame Brexit for the economic woes in Greece, Spain. Portugal, Ireland etc? How about blaming Brexit for the drought in Africa too (and that's only slightly tongue in cheek btw), as I find this doom-mongering absolutely pathetic. The FACTS are that the economy has not collapsed, yet the Remainers seem to want to pin any slight bit of bad news on Brexit (i.e. the rate of wage growth has slowed in ONE MONTHS figures). Next months figures could be stronger for all you know. All you Remainers do is look for negativity and predictions. I'm dealing with reality and facts.

Wage growth % is an irrelevant statistic taken on its own; it has to be combined with rate of inflation to really be put into context. The FACTS are that the mediocre wage growth seen since 2008 is now being eroded by increasing inflation. The impact on real incomes is significant. That's not doom mongering.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Hmm, so these predictions were from Leave (these were predictions fo:
1. Emergency budget of £30bln.
2. Immediate raising of interest rates.
3. Reduced economic activity/recession.
4. Crash in house prices.
5. Job losses.

I'll omit the WW3/NATO threats as so frigging ludicrous that only an idiot would believe (but that didn't stop a lot of Remain idiots saying though).

And, what'e happened?
1. Er no.
2. Er no, rates were cut (albeit that was a wrong decision).
3. Er no. All stats since the results have exceeded predictions.
4. Er no (which is a shame as this would benefit a lot of younger people).
5. Er no - jobless % is at it's lowest in over 40 YEARS.

So, you want to talk about PROJECT FEAR. Right.

None of it's happened...... but we haven't left yet.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Do you want to blame Brexit for the economic woes in Greece, Spain. Portugal, Ireland etc? How about blaming Brexit for the drought in Africa too (and that's only slightly tongue in cheek btw), as I find this doom-mongering absolutely pathetic. The FACTS are that the economy has not collapsed, yet the Remainers seem to want to pin any slight bit of bad news on Brexit (i.e. the rate of wage growth has slowed in ONE MONTHS figures). Next months figures could be stronger for all you know. All you Remainers do is look for negativity and predictions. I'm dealing with reality and facts.[/QUOTE]

Now thats really pathetic ! The reality you chose to ignore is the fact that the economy was very slowly emerging from recession after 8 long years. Just when things were starting to pick up a little we then went and created more turbulence by voting brexit. The slump in the Pound against the euro and Dollar has pushed up, and will keep pushing our prices up.... while we still have to pay for the recession in the form of ongoing cuts across almost every government department. We are told by Mrs May and her Chancellor what a robust, buoyant econmy we have while still cutting and cutting time and again.
I'm not going to debate what's happened to European economies as I am only concerned with OUR economy although you would do well to look at the healthy state of the Irish economy before throwing them in with all the rest.

So, simply put for you, we were recovering and now we have to go straight back down the snake to the bottom.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well... maybe 6 weeks worth. Only leaves ~£16bn in year one.

The money will disappear robbing Peter to pay Paul, there will be little or no benefit to most.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The money will disappear robbing Peter to pay Paul, there will be little or no benefit to most.

How amazingly pessimistic. I am looking forward to the Brexit dividend being felt all across this United Kingdom of ours! :)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Whatever "side" you are on you can not tell if those predictions are true or not until we have actually done brexit. We have not yet, so it it stupid to try to make comparisons.

Yes, and it is also stupid to keep harping on about (not saying it was you by the way) where has the 350m gone, when we are still paying into the EU.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Indeed. Would be nice to know what the government plan to do with it however...

It would, i am sure some will be wasted but not the amount that goes into the EU club. I hope that the government will NOW realise that this money needs to go on our stretched services etc. I think they know the public are wising up.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
On the contrary, they could sell the redundant TRIDENT, finders keepers and all that . . .
What?.... how?..... when it is guarded by the Royal Marines 43 Commando,... you dont bugger around with that unit, not unless you want a few kicks up the arrse,.... just ask CND treehuggers from the 80's.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How amazingly pessimistic. I am looking forward to the Brexit dividend being felt all across this United Kingdom of ours! :)

I would love to share your belief, however, 50+ years plus on this Earth tend to colour your experience. Remember I was brought up on the " North Sea Oil Boom " for instance... now where did that go ?

larus

Whatever "side" you are on you can not tell if those predictions are true or not until we have actually done brexit. We have not yet, so it it stupid to try to make comparisons.

We were told that there would be an immediate impact post the vote, not when BREXIT was actioned. However, the Reamin camp and now saying that "Well, it's obvious that there won't be any impact until BREXIT happens", yet they say that sterling is because of BREXIT, but everything else is for the future. However, the forecasts from Mark Carney and Osborne were for interest rates to raise if there was a no VOTE and there would be a £30bln emergency budget due to the impact of the VOTE.

This hasn't happened, so what the Ramin camp are now saying is that the reduction in this months average earning increase from 2.6% to 2.3% is because of BREXIT.

So, what is it? Is BREXIT responsible, f***ing yes or no? It seems that the remain side want to make lots of predictions and thhen these fail to materialise, move the f****ing goalposts.

Christ, vegster even wants to blame the 2008 crisis on BREXIT. :rotlf:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I would love to share your belief, however, 50+ years plus on this Earth tend to colour your experience. Remember I was brought up on the " North Sea Oil Boom " for instance... now where did that go ?

North Sea oil money all went to the bottomless pit that is the EU!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We were told that there would be an immediate impact post the vote, not when BREXIT was actioned. However, the Reamin camp and now saying that "Well, it's obvious that there won't be any impact until BREXIT happens", yet they say that sterling is because of BREXIT, but everything else is for the future. However, the forecasts from Mark Carney and Osborne were for interest rates to raise if there was a no VOTE and there would be a £30bln emergency budget due to the impact of the VOTE.

This hasn't happened, so what the Ramin camp are now saying is that the reduction in this months average earning increase from 2.6% to 2.3% is because of BREXIT.

So, what is it? Is BREXIT responsible, f***ing yes or no? It seems that the remain side want to make lots of predictions and thhen these fail to materialise, move the f****ing goalposts.

Christ, vegster even wants to blame the 2008 crisis on BREXIT. :rotlf:
Sorry, I thought I had explained it simply enough for you, sorry. Last chance, pay attention. We had a recession, we were slowly pulling out if it, things were getting better. Now things are getting bad again.... The " getting bad again " bit happened when the Pound slumped " AFTER " BREXIT and we have major uncertainty over our economy.
Hope this helps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here