Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast

Thread: IndyRef2...

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well... maybe 6 weeks worth. Only leaves ~16bn in year one.
    The money will disappear robbing Peter to pay Paul, there will be little or no benefit to most.
    I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
    Terry Pratchett 1948 2015

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      The money will disappear robbing Peter to pay Paul, there will be little or no benefit to most.
      How amazingly pessimistic. I am looking forward to the Brexit dividend being felt all across this United Kingdom of ours!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by larus View Post
      Hmm, so these predictions were from Leave (these were predictions fo:
      1. Emergency budget of 30bln.
      2. Immediate raising of interest rates.
      3. Reduced economic activity/recession.
      4. Crash in house prices.
      5. Job losses.

I'll omit the WW3/NATO threats as so frigging ludicrous that only an idiot would believe (but that didn't stop a lot of Remain idiots saying though).

And, what'e happened?
      1. Er no.
      2. Er no, rates were cut (albeit that was a wrong decision).
      3. Er no. All stats since the results have exceeded predictions.
      4. Er no (which is a shame as this would benefit a lot of younger people).
      5. Er no - jobless % is at it's lowest in over 40 YEARS.

So, you want to talk about PROJECT FEAR. Right.
      Whatever "side" you are on you can not tell if those predictions are true or not until we have actually done brexit. We have not yet, so it it stupid to try to make comparisons.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Plooks View Post
      Whatever "side" you are on you can not tell if those predictions are true or not until we have actually done brexit. We have not yet, so it it stupid to try to make comparisons.
      Yes, and it is also stupid to keep harping on about (not saying it was you by the way) where has the 350m gone, when we are still paying into the EU.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Soulman View Post
      Yes, and it is also stupid to keep harping on about (not saying it was you by the way) where has the 350m gone, when we are still paying into the EU.
      Indeed. Would be nice to know what the government plan to do with it however...

0 Not allowed!
      Indeed. Would be nice to know what the government plan to do with it however...
      It would, i am sure some will be wasted but not the amount that goes into the EU club. I hope that the government will NOW realise that this money needs to go on our stretched services etc. I think they know the public are wising up.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albumen View Post
      On the contrary, they could sell the redundant TRIDENT, finders keepers and all that . . .
      What?.... how?..... when it is guarded by the Royal Marines 43 Commando,... you dont bugger around with that unit, not unless you want a few kicks up the arrse,.... just ask CND treehuggers from the 80's.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
      How amazingly pessimistic. I am looking forward to the Brexit dividend being felt all across this United Kingdom of ours!
      I would love to share your belief, however, 50+ years plus on this Earth tend to colour your experience. Remember I was brought up on the " North Sea Oil Boom " for instance... now where did that go ?
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 2015
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      We were told that there would be an immediate impact post the vote, not when BREXIT was actioned. However, the Reamin camp and now saying that "Well, it's obvious that there won't be any impact until BREXIT happens", yet they say that sterling is because of BREXIT, but everything else is for the future. However, the forecasts from Mark Carney and Osborne were for interest rates to raise if there was a no VOTE and there would be a 30bln emergency budget due to the impact of the VOTE.

This hasn't happened, so what the Ramin camp are now saying is that the reduction in this months average earning increase from 2.6% to 2.3% is because of BREXIT.

So, what is it? Is BREXIT responsible, f***ing yes or no? It seems that the remain side want to make lots of predictions and thhen these fail to materialise, move the f****ing goalposts.

Christ, vegster even wants to blame the 2008 crisis on BREXIT.
      Once Dolphin, Now Seagull Dorset Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I have to keep checking the thread title as I thought this was the Indy thread but seems to have merged into that bloody Brexit thread
      Pretentious,moi?