Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Derby MATCH REPORT

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Yeah, I know - about time, etc. I don't WORK weekends.

As a bonus to make up for the tardiness, you get artwork...

Read, here, if you want:

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?648-Albion-3-0-Derby-County-10-03-2017

Steve McClaren's Rams set-up, rather less standard. Steve had either reached pure desperation levels in his efforts to boost his side's woeful scoring record, or he'd found a left-over stash of the good stuff, from his time in Holland. Tasked with fitting Vydra, Bent, Ince and Nugent into something resembling a team, Steve decided to play them all up front. Kind of like running a Sunday League team, when if you're lucky enough to have more than 11 show up, you'd always just pick the best eleven players, and THEN worry about where to play them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Skalak played on the RIGHT? News to me. And Knocky as well, I'm sure...:wink:

Also, we weren't unchanged, Murray came in for Hemed.

Other than that, great work.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Skalak played on the RIGHT? News to me. And Knocky as well, I'm sure...:wink:

Also, we weren't unchanged, Murray came in for Hemed.

Other than that, great work.

Pah. Details

Besides - I have NO idea, what you're talking about :whistle:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've just clicked on the link and not read a word, but already LOLing at the glimpse of some ARTWORK :thumbsup:

EDIT: now read it and it's as excellent as ever. Great job [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He was everywhere – tackling anything that moved, visibly angry if anyone in a washed out turquoise shirt dared touch HIS ball.

That bit made me laugh, a lot.

Good work as always.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Great article as always - apart from the fact Bruno didn't get booked - no one got booked (for once - DUNK)

He should have been (which is what I meant to write, to be honest). In fact he should have been booked TWICE - once for pulling someone back on the West touchline first half, and once for the challenge on the halfway line just before he went off. Lucky boy.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Great report.

You'd think as a professional journalist Andy Naylor would know the difference between 'disinterested' and 'uninterested', though.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Brilliant brilliant brilliant. Loved the artwork as well, although it was a touch more professional than I expected.

Thanks!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Top-notch report. I especially enjoyed the ARTWORK, with Steve Mc's "Island" hair style of particular interest and amusement. When the ball hit the net from Baldock's finish, it sounded like a frog sucking in a fly. Love it!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I enjoy reading your match reports far more than those contained in the Argus, Mail, Guardian etc - many many thanks. And I too admire your depiction of Schteve's hair island!!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Thanks Exile, up to your usual very high standard. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here