Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herne Hill Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't for the life of me think of anything Bruno's done that would incite such ire, other than use his extensive experience and footballing cleverness to make him bloody difficult to play against.
    To be honest, Bruno has been guilty of a couple of rugby tackles recently. The one in the opening seconds at Huddersfield he got carded for, the one against Derby last week he got away with.
    "These were, I have to say, quite easily the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace are at home."

Charlie Connelly, 'Attention All Shipping: a Journey round the Shipping Forecast'; published by Abacus Books, 2004, page 94.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      Meltdown on The Rams forum
      This made me chuckle:

Can't help but feel all this mess is ******* Bobby Zamora's fault

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      But that's exactly what the club needs - there are far too many overpaid players, phoning in their performances every week.
      But presumably they'll be the players that are happy to do f all and keep getting paid, but the decent players will want to move on.
      1 billion

0 Not allowed!
      Derby had no gameplan on Friday night, he picked what was a bunch of good individuals but there was no blend as a team. The defence, midfield and attack were all totally separate. No team ethic, no cohesion and no clear plan for how they intended to pick up a result. To me it was fairly clear that McLaren did to them what he did to Newcastle, rid them of any tactics at all and encourage them to be individuals and express themselves. Against the tosh in this division, that may work but against an organised team it comes unstuck and it was too easy for us to beat them.

They're right to sack the man because Rowett is available. I strongly believe that they wouldn't have sacked him if Norwich hadn't sacked Neil, there is no way they wanted to miss out on Rowett because genuinely good Championship managers are in short supply.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      Meltdown on The Rams forum
      Not many happy bunnies on that forum!
      I like the answer to one poster wanting to know what the players ate before the game to make them so 'sluggish'.

"They ate their wages in chocolate coins."

Have you seen the Muppet Show........
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I thought Pardew was being lined up for Norwich. Shteeve was removed as he had clearly lost the plot and the timing was perfect to get Gary in. That line up made no sense almost 4 upfront at one point but with our constant attacking they barely made it in to our half.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Withdean South Stand View Post
      Derby had no gameplan on Friday night, he picked what was a bunch of good individuals but there was no blend as a team. The defence, midfield and attack were all totally separate. No team ethic, no cohesion and no clear plan for how they intended to pick up a result. To me it was fairly clear that McLaren did to them what he did to Newcastle, rid them of any tactics at all and encourage them to be individuals and express themselves. Against the tosh in this division, that may work but against an organised team it comes unstuck and it was too easy for us to beat them.

They're right to sack the man because Rowett is available. I strongly believe that they wouldn't have sacked him if Norwich hadn't sacked Neil, there is no way they wanted to miss out on Rowett because genuinely good Championship managers are in short supply.
      I hope all the managers we play have a similar problem.