Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sacked After Losing At Amex ....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Mel should have a crack at managing them himself. It's the natural progression from all of this, and he'll have the advantage of all the players being his mate.

:snigger:

A la Ron Noades as Brentford. Although. I seem to remember he did quite well?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
can imagine the Derby boardroom
chairman shouts "who the **** gets beaten by Brighton"
director 1 "well they do look like they are going up"
chairman "I don't give a **** that man has got to go"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If they don't get someone good in now, they're going to have some unhappy players who want to move on.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Meltdown on The Rams forum :laugh:

Always odd, fans' opinions of clubs other than their own. We're described both as 'very good' and 'average', and as 'the same side that got dicked by Forest'. More than one of them think we're cheats, particularly Bruno(!?) for some reason. I've never understood why fans make judgements based on one or two results, especially in this division. And cheats? The clubs at the top have the decisions go their way, or at least seem to, every season. Doesn't matter who they are. Can't for the life of me think of anything Bruno's done that would incite such ire, other than use his extensive experience and footballing cleverness to make him bloody difficult to play against. Isn't that what every fan wants from all their team's players?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If they don't get someone good in now, they're going to have some unhappy players who want to move on.

But that's exactly what the club needs - there are far too many overpaid players, phoning in their performances every week. They need to ship them out, cut their wage bill and build from scratch; it will take a few transfer windows though ... and their chairman won't be patient enough for that

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Can't for the life of me think of anything Bruno's done that would incite such ire, other than use his extensive experience and footballing cleverness to make him bloody difficult to play against.

To be honest, Bruno has been guilty of a couple of rugby tackles recently. The one in the opening seconds at Huddersfield he got carded for, the one against Derby last week he got away with.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But that's exactly what the club needs - there are far too many overpaid players, phoning in their performances every week.
But presumably they'll be the players that are happy to do f all and keep getting paid, but the decent players will want to move on.

Mar 2, 2014
Derby had no gameplan on Friday night, he picked what was a bunch of good individuals but there was no blend as a team. The defence, midfield and attack were all totally separate. No team ethic, no cohesion and no clear plan for how they intended to pick up a result. To me it was fairly clear that McLaren did to them what he did to Newcastle, rid them of any tactics at all and encourage them to be individuals and express themselves. Against the tosh in this division, that may work but against an organised team it comes unstuck and it was too easy for us to beat them.

They're right to sack the man because Rowett is available. I strongly believe that they wouldn't have sacked him if Norwich hadn't sacked Neil, there is no way they wanted to miss out on Rowett because genuinely good Championship managers are in short supply.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
I thought Pardew was being lined up for Norwich. Shteeve was removed as he had clearly lost the plot and the timing was perfect to get Gary in. That line up made no sense almost 4 upfront at one point but with our constant attacking they barely made it in to our half.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Derby had no gameplan on Friday night, he picked what was a bunch of good individuals but there was no blend as a team. The defence, midfield and attack were all totally separate. No team ethic, no cohesion and no clear plan for how they intended to pick up a result. To me it was fairly clear that McLaren did to them what he did to Newcastle, rid them of any tactics at all and encourage them to be individuals and express themselves. Against the tosh in this division, that may work but against an organised team it comes unstuck and it was too easy for us to beat them.

They're right to sack the man because Rowett is available. I strongly believe that they wouldn't have sacked him if Norwich hadn't sacked Neil, there is no way they wanted to miss out on Rowett because genuinely good Championship managers are in short supply.

I hope all the managers we play have a similar problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here