Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Netherlands "capital of fascism"

Another of the scare stories that got people to vote for Brexit was, of course, the rumour that staying in the EU meant that the UK would be overwhelmed by millions of Turkish immigrants.

I now get the distinct impression that Mr Erdogan has blown any prospects of Turkey achieving EU membership.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Turkey will become another caliphate .

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I can't believe that after 4 billion years of evolution that we have ended up in a world with Islam. Even moderate Muslims wish that it is they who will one day rule the world, and in crowds they are united on this.

Erdogan, once the leading protagonist against Assad and the primary cause for the refugee crisis, has now turned his attention from Assad to holding Turkish rallies in Europe and inciting a wave nationalism outside his own border. Maybe he is now he is trying to take advantage of the raised population of Muslims in Europe and is trying to pull the strings.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I can't believe that after 4 billion years of evolution that we have ended up in a world with Islam. Even moderate Muslims wish that it is they who will one day rule the world, and in crowds they are united on this.

Erdogan, once the leading protagonist against Assad and the primary cause for the refugee crisis, has now turned his attention from Assad to holding Turkish rallies in Europe and inciting a wave nationalism outside his own border. Maybe he is now he is trying to take advantage of the raised population of Muslims in Europe and is trying to pull the strings.

Good post.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A few. Not many. The remnants after they were destroyed near Tannenburg... and were absorbed due to low numbers into a Latvian group.

Is this a conversation about whether Hitler or Stalin was the more mighty, from Hitler and Stalin's two cheer leaders? Give me strenth (and **** off the both of you, PPF, who started it and DIP who took the bait).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Is this a conversation about whether Hitler or Stalin was the more mighty, from Hitler and Stalin's two cheer leaders?

to be fair, if playing Dictator Top Trumps, Stalin has higher numbers on population, army and mass murder from oppression.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
to be fair, if playing Dictator Top Trumps, Stalin has higher numbers on population, army and mass murder from oppression.

Apologes. Hitler wins, then. FFS. :shootself

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Turkey continued its aggressive rhetoric towards the Netherlands by referring to it as the "capital of fascism".

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2017-03-12/turkish-minister-brands-netherlands-capital-of-fascism/

Strong language? or just politics?

Politics. Rallies of Turkish nationals in the Netherlands or Germany will give the extreme right ammunition with election campaigns in their closing stages while Erdogan needs to stoke up a frenzy to support his stifling of democracy at home.

Have to say as a general rule I don't think political rallies outside your own borders are acceptable no matter how extreme or otherwise your political disposition.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Politics. Rallies of Turkish nationals in the Netherlands or Germany will give the extreme right ammunition with election campaigns in their closing stages while Erdogan needs to stoke up a frenzy to support his stifling of democracy at home.

Have to say as a general rule I don't think political rallies outside your own borders are acceptable no matter how extreme or otherwise your political disposition.

Plenty go on in London all the time

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Another of the scare stories that got people to vote for Brexit was, of course, the rumour that staying in the EU meant that the UK would be overwhelmed by millions of Turkish immigrants.

I now get the distinct impression that Mr Erdogan has blown any prospects of Turkey achieving EU membership.
Christ you remoaners clutch at straws and can't except that most brexit voters actually voted fit other reasons bar rubbish like this.
One day you'll realise that there's more to country's than the financial side of things and one day you'll realise that the European Union is a dire organisation that has ruined Europe.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Christ you remoaners clutch at straws and can't except that most brexit voters actually voted fit other reasons bar rubbish like this.
One day you'll realise that there's more to country's than the financial side of things and one day you'll realise that the European Union is a dire organisation that has ruined Europe.

Well there certainly won't be much of a financial side of things in this country when the bankers have gone to Frankfurt :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here