Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Netherlands "capital of fascism"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Christ you remoaners clutch at straws and can't except that most brexit voters actually voted fit other reasons bar rubbish like this.
One day you'll realise that there's more to country's than the financial side of things and one day you'll realise that the European Union is a dire organisation that has ruined Europe.

just for curiosity sake, what do you see specifically ( not some "taking powers back" which is a very wooly thing) but what actual measures do you want to see the United Kingdom ( probably without Scotland) government bring in that the EU are stopping them now ...assuming we are taking over all the EU laws that are currently on the statute book.

I know that is a brexit question and not for this thread, but it would be interesting to know what this post EU land will look like in your eyes.

Jan 30, 2008
just for curiosity sake, what do you see specifically ( not some "taking powers back" which is a very wooly thing) but what actual measures do you want to see the United Kingdom ( probably without Scotland) government bring in that the EU are stopping them now ...assuming we are taking over all the EU laws that are currently on the statute book.

I know that is a brexit question and not for this thread, but it would be interesting to know what this post EU land will look like in your eyes.
as it always was without a load of people swanning in and out of the country , you're making it out that the country will be on it's knees , there's going to be a transitional period , some people are scared of change JUST SEE IT AS SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO putting the GREAT back into BRITAIN :clap2:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Is this a conversation about whether Hitler or Stalin was the more mighty, from Hitler and Stalin's two cheer leaders? Give me strenth (and **** off the both of you, PPF, who started it and DIP who took the bait).
WOAH ! hold on, wtf is all this Harry ? I made a factual point that was relevant TO THIS THREAD no fishing on my part
regards
DR

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
as it always was without a load of people swanning in and out of the country , you're making it out that the country will be on it's knees , there's going to be a transitional period , some people are scared of change JUST SEE IT AS SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO putting the GREAT back into BRITAIN :clap2:
regards
DR

England, you mean? Britain is done.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
yes IF krankie has her way , lets wait and see
regards
DR

I read hundreds of comments on this next once in a lifetime referendum. I can say that the large majority of the comments from Scottish people, stated they were embarrassed by Sturgeon, with the overiding impression that she does not speak for them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
regards
DR

Specifics dear boy, specifics.

What specifically are you looking to do in the future that you can't do now or the EU Stops you from doing? Btw. My job is a change manager, so believe me I am not scared of change.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you want a bet ?

I agree with you. The Jocks have no alternative than to go through Brexit, either as part of the UK or out of it. But I am sure the latter will not happen. If the jocks vote to leave the UK they will be out of Europe and out of the UK. And even they (mostly) know they are being subsidised by English tax payers. So I would imagine there are enough of them, north of the border, who would rather vote to stay part of the UK than have to Brexit alone, and then negociate trade deals and border controls with an (inevitably frosty) England, just as the UK is about to have to do with an (inevitably frosty) Europe. There is more than a thin line between robustly nationalistic and suicidally insane.

Many who voted Brexit in the UK did so out of a loathing for foreign influence over our affairs. The equivalent sentiment towards the English does not really exists in Scotland (albeit, a loathing for the English does exist in some quarters, especially but not exclusively some Catholic quarters). The jocks don't generally complain the English are always telling them what to do, how many immigrants thay should take, and how much money they should pay towards things over which they have no control. So the urge to vote UKexit is not so strong (vide the outcome of the last vote) and a wreckless UKexiting imperative is unlikely to flower all of a sudden.

A year or so ago, I predicted Brexit and Trump (although I supported neither). We now have what we have. Incidentally I also predicted that Labour will win the next general election (expecting Corbs to not last) so I have no monopoly on precience :lolol:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I agree with you. The Jocks have no alternative than to go through Brexit, either as part of the UK or out of it. But I am sure the latter will not happen. If the jocks vote to leave the UK they will be out of Europe and out of the UK. And even they (mostly) know they are being subsidised by English tax payers. So I would imagine there are enough of them, north of the border, who would rather vote to stay part of the UK than have to Brexit alone, and then negociate trade deals and border controls with an (inevitably frosty) England, just as the UK is about to have to do with an (inevitably frosty) Europe. There is more than a thin line between robustly nationalistic and suicidally insane.

I think it depends how much the EU leaders want to really make Britain suffer as part of Brexit, and how much bargaining power they want in negotiations. There's no reason (overarching, that is, there are obviously various obstacles) that they couldn't lay a marker down right now and say Scotland can have immediate entry to the EU - either full or transitional - in the event of it voting for its independence. That would put the shit up May's negotiating team. One would imagine this possibility has been explored by the SNP prior to this move.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Billions of Euros ? interesting, who told you this ? and, do you know how much a Billion is ?

If you stopped reading fake news you would be aware of things like this which to most is common knowledge and old news as well. Its how fake news works, by omission..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it depends how much the EU leaders want to really make Britain suffer as part of Brexit, and how much bargaining power they want in negotiations. There's no reason (overarching, that is, there are obviously various obstacles) that they couldn't lay a marker down right now and say Scotland can have immediate entry to the EU - either full or transitional - in the event of it voting for its independence. That would put the shit up May's negotiating team. One would imagine this possibility has been explored by the SNP prior to this move.

If the EU do that then I can imagine the jocks voting to UKexit. But I would be very surprised if the EU make such an offer. It would be an act of provocative vindictiveness, especially if they do it before the jocks vote on UKexit. It is certainly the case that there are elements in the EU who would like to hammer us, and many EU nations who want others in the EU to realise that leaving is not encouraged, but by and large our neighbours (Germany, certainly) do not want to see England devastated by Brexit. So I don't see the EU making any hints let alone promises to the jocks, meaning they will not vote to UKext. Only time will tell, of course. Now, where do I get the best odds on labour winning the next general election? :mad:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If the EU do that then I can imagine the jocks voting to UKexit. But I would be very surprised if the EU make such an offer. It would be an act of provocative vindictiveness, especially if they do it before the jocks vote on UKexit. It is certainly the case that there are elements in the EU who would like to hammer us, and many EU nations who want others in the EU to realise that leaving is not encouraged, but by and large our neighbours (Germany, certainly) do not want to see England devastated by Brexit. So I don't see the EU making any hints let alone promises to the jocks, meaning they will not vote to UKext. Only time will tell, of course. Now, where do I get the best odds on labour winning the next general election? :mad:

I think it depends how Machiavellian these negotiations become. The EU could well make this offer, hoping it won't come good, as an attempt to soften up the UK's approach to future relations with the EU. I appreciate the Germans don't want the UK destroyed as a trading link but they also don't want a post-Brexit UK to offer genuine economic competition. As you say, we'll see. I just can't imagine the SNP have made this move without some prior knowledge, as in reality it would take little more than an EU official saying "Scotland cannot remain in the EU and would have to do go through Brexit followed by a full prolonged entry period" to kill this referendum before it's even been agreed to.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
A year or so ago, I predicted Brexit and Trump (although I supported neither). We now have what we have. Incidentally I also predicted that Labour will win the next general election (expecting Corbs to not last) so I have no monopoly on precience :lolol:

how do think the French election will go H?

you seem to be on a bit of a roll :lol:

the closer it's getting the more I think Le Pen has a sniff

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
how do think the French election will go H?

you seem to be on a bit of a roll :lol:

the closer it's getting the more I think Le Pen has a sniff

The French are far too chauvinistic to elect a woman :O

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Clueless doesn't even begin to cover this post.

I'll maybe come back to your asinine comment in a couple of years but in the meanwhile every major world bank has plans for transfering their European HQ out of London to comply with EU access regulations. Regulations that were entirely transparent pre-referendum and are no less so now. Happy Brexit!

Jan 30, 2008
Specifics dear boy, specifics.

What specifically are you looking to do in the future that you can't do now or the EU Stops you from doing? Btw. My job is a change manager, so believe me I am not scared of change.
nothing so what's your point , you might not be scared of change but plenty are .
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here