Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iphone or others?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I was looking at this the other day after reading the recent new releases showcased in Barcelona. I use my phone a lot for photography and the Huawei P10 plus is getting rave reviews. I might break with my Samsung tradition and look at others

I have the P9 and it is genuinely the best phone I've ever owned (I've had an Apple and an Omsung previously). Camera made by Leica, fast charge through USB-C, huge memory plus room for expansion. Oh, and kodi on the go. I pay £24.99 for 12gb data and unlimited minutes through three. Honestly, what's not to like?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had my iPhone 7 for 2 weeks now and am not disappointed!

Jeez. Both the missus AND Chicken Run have a better phone then me now. What's going on? :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Bought a second hand blackberry z30 phone off ebay, still a great phone. Nothing sad about BlackBerry, they are the most reliable phones out there. I can't afford apple, and when I used android I can stand the crap they put on phones. I'm also on giff gaff a fiver a month sees me through.

:lolol: fair do's .....still fiver a month eh,frugal.....and what it's all about....i have a browser,i use book marks for pages that have tables/results/weather/things i like etc.... i don't need apps i don't use snap chats or face book etc... i am happy with my phone now as the day i got it,as it's been kept in its case and i have had to buy new cases now and again its as good as new..

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Had two iPhones now and both have ended up with charger-socket connection issues. You can take it to the apple shop who will remove fluff/dirt etc (or do it yourself) but this doesn't seem a permanent solution, towards the end of the 2-year life of my old one and now with my current I've had to charge it carefully balanced on the lead to add a bit of extra pressure - usually coming back to find it's fallen over and not charged. Anyone else had this? Am I right in thinking it might be a smartphone problem in general rather than an iPhone thing? At the moment I'm leaning towards switching as a result, but it's the only issue I have, otherwise very happy.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I have the P9 and it is genuinely the best phone I've ever owned (I've had an Apple and an Omsung previously). Camera made by Leica, fast charge through USB-C, huge memory plus room for expansion. Oh, and kodi on the go. I pay £24.99 for 12gb data and unlimited minutes through three. Honestly, what's not to like?

Nice one, cheers for the reply. Will genuinely have a butchers at it when it's released on general sale.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Had two iPhones now and both have ended up with charger-socket connection issues. You can take it to the apple shop who will remove fluff/dirt etc (or do it yourself) but this doesn't seem a permanent solution, towards the end of the 2-year life of my old one and now with my current I've had to charge it carefully balanced on the lead to add a bit of extra pressure - usually coming back to find it's fallen over and not charged. Anyone else had this? Am I right in thinking it might be a smartphone problem in general rather than an iPhone thing? At the moment I'm leaning towards switching as a result, but it's the only issue I have, otherwise very happy.

I find it's the cable end wearing, (especially on after market cables), rather than the socket on the phone. A new cable normally cures the problem.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I find it's the cable end wearing, (especially on after market cables), rather than the socket on the phone. A new cable normally cures the problem.

Hmm, we've got a new cable as my Mrs recently got a new iPhone, pretty sure it's still the same problem, although I can't ever be 100% sure what cable I am using in the house. Either way, she has no problems with any of the chargers.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Old fart that I am/was, I have always been happy with my used Nokia C-1, which must be at least ten years old now. I have no real need for the internet on my phone, and have never bothered with the camera.

As a long term Vodafone customer, (I have been with them since 2008), they phoned me to offer me pretty much any choice of hand set, unlimited minutes/unlimited texts, for much the same price as l had been paying, for the sim only deal on my old Nokia, i. e. £25.20 per month, on a two year deal.

Anyway, at the weekend I took delivery of a state of the art, shiny new, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I've yet to activate the new sim card that comes with the phone, and just hope that it performs as well as it looks!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Old fart that I am/was, I have always been happy with my used Nokia C-1, which must be at least ten years old now. I have no real need for the internet on my phone, and have never bothered with the camera.

As a long term Vodafone customer, (I have been with them since 2008), they phoned me to offer me pretty much any choice of hand set, unlimited minutes/unlimited texts, for much the same price as l had been paying, for the sim only deal on my old Nokia, i. e. £25.20 per month, on a two year deal.

Anyway, at the weekend I took delivery of a state of the art, shiny new, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I've yet to activate the new sim card that comes with the phone, and just hope that it performs as well as it looks!

£25 per month for Sim only?? 2 year deal.........I bet they laughed for ages when you signed up for that...

Sim only for my phone is £10 and on a 30 day contract ....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
£25 per month for Sim only?? 2 year deal.........I bet they laughed for ages when you signed up for that...

Sim only for my phone is £10 and on a 30 day contract ....

The £25.20 pm includes the new Samsung Galaxy on a two year deal. It was the sim only contract that I had up until then.

So why should they 'laugh for ages' as you so succinctly put it?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Mate you said you were paying £25 per month

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Mate you said you were paying £25 per month

Ahhh with you, for my old deal yes. it started life as a lot less than that when I signed up for it, but had gradually become more expensive over the years. My fault for not doing anything about it I suppose.

So obviously upgrading to a new deal including the phone, for about the same price, was a no-brainer.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
My 5s is slowly dying, regular charge and battery issues and it keep locking out and wiping everything.

Think I'm going to switch to a S8 when it launches. As I'm it won't last til next iPhone and I fancy a change. Will buy outright and just put my sim only deal in it. Pretty excited tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here