Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iphone or others?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
My iphone 5 now has a battery life of 4 hours, I have followed all apple advice but short of a new battery its a new phone.

Do I go for iphone 7?

I like the look of the Samsung S7...but how good are they?

How about the famous Onsung ( or whatever its called) ?

any other suggestions?

Im not really happy with 2 year deals but I guess thats the price to pay for a new phone.
Looking at £35-40 per month... currently have sim only for £12- per month so Im not really excited about a 2 year contract.

Any suggestions or deals?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
My missus New (9 month old) Samsung 7 had charging issues (getting hot) (rainbow screen) and died at 60% battery-much fiddling with settings,turning off fast charging,backing up and re setting background apps has CURED it....

Try all that stuff first...

She loves Samsung hates Apple,Daughter is reverse- Me? I still have a 2012 Blackberry still going strong.. (yes i am sad)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
My iphone 5 now has a battery life of 4 hours, I have followed all apple advice but short of a new battery its a new phone.

Do I go for iphone 7?

any other suggestions?

Im not really happy with 2 year deals but I guess thats the price to pay for a new phone.
Looking at £35-40 per month... currently have sim only for £12- per month so Im not really excited about a 2 year contract.

Don't let the apple detractors dissuade you, they are still the best phones on the market.

If you can afford a 7 you won't be disappointed.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Don't let the apple detractors dissuade you, they are still the best phones on the market.

If you can afford a 7 you won't be disappointed.

Found one at Carphone warehouse £35 per month unlimited calls/text 4gb data ..... £50 up front.
I guess when I take off the £12 im paying its only 23 per month extra..

I have only recently had iphones, my work phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and its quite hard to use compared to the iphone ( plus it has a habit of randomly restarting)

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013

Do I go for iphone 7?

any other suggestions?

I've had an iPhone 3,4,5 & 6 over the years but thinking to change next time because of how well google is able to understand me so much better than Siri
Being directed to a petrol station in Kentucky which is apparently my nearest will hopefully be a thing of the past!
I think I'm going to try the pixel, excellent camera and charges in 20 minutes (so they say!)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I personally would go for Android and that would mean Samsung,were it not for the new Blackberry Android phones-for now i'm sticking with Blackberry..

Apple and Samsung are very different operating systems,similar too in some respects,but both have strengths...

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
I've had an iPhone 3,4,5 & 6 over the years but thinking to change next time because of how well google is able to understand me so much better than Siri
Being directed to a petrol station in Kentucky which is apparently my nearest will hopefully be a thing of the past!
I think I'm going to try the pixel, excellent camera and charges in 20 minutes (so they say!)

I dont use Siri at all and find it crap......ask it to show the championship table and it shows premier league from 2016.
was messing with it yesterday and asked Siri to find me a popcorn maker at Argos and it tell me it cant find that restaurant.

Normally ends up with Siri telling me im rude.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The new Samsung S8 is coming out at the end of this month and looks like a nice bit of kit. Also due an upgrade, been using Sony phones for a few years but heard that the new revisions arent much of an upgrade so will either get the Google Pixel or Samsung S8.

Might also move on from O2 whose tariffs are really expensive when compare to EE etc.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I dont use Siri at all and find it crap......ask it to show the championship table and it shows premier league from 2016.
was messing with it yesterday and asked Siri to find me a popcorn maker at Argos and it tell me it cant find that restaurant.

Normally ends up with Siri telling me im rude.

Ha ha, exactly this... I usually get a "your language " or "I'd blush if I could" or some other pathetic bullshit after I've tried to ask it something 3 times and then end up asking it why it's so f@&king useless!.

Google understands me every time and comes back with excellent results.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Stopped with iphones after the 4s......
Then had Samsung, HTC and Sony phones.

This year switched back with a 7. It's a really really good phone and I prefer the Apple ecosystem over google/android. At times it can be a little prescriptive.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have got a Sony Experia z5 compact. It's fantastic. Small, huge battery life and waterproof (literally - can take it underwater in a swimming pool). I had the z3 before that. No way I would go back to an iphone.

On my second Motorola G, had the first for nearly 3 years and after much pondering upgraded to the newer, bigger one as a Christmas Pressie to me - feel guilty that my old one is retired in a drawer even thought it works perfectly. Even after paying a bit more for extra storage I think I could buy 3 Motorola's for the cost of one iPhone. As I keep reminding the younger Pottings (who were dismissive that Daddy "only" had a Motorola but are now jealous 'cos mine has a bigger screen than theirs) "It does all that I want it to do", and the camera is excellent.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Have got a Sony Experia z5 compact. It's fantastic. Small, huge battery life and waterproof (literally - can take it underwater in a swimming pool). I had the z3 before that. No way I would go back to an iphone.

I have the Experia Z3 Compact, nice phone... The thing with Apple is all about image at a price. As I have mentioned before, all that cost and they can't make a screen that can't crack.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here