Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77
  1. #1
    Members swindonseagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Swindon, but used to be manila seagull
    Posts
    3,572

    Iphone or others?


    0 Not allowed!
    My iphone 5 now has a battery life of 4 hours, I have followed all apple advice but short of a new battery its a new phone.

    Do I go for iphone 7?

    I like the look of the Samsung S7...but how good are they?

    How about the famous Onsung ( or whatever its called) ?

    any other suggestions?

    Im not really happy with 2 year deals but I guess thats the price to pay for a new phone.
    Looking at 35-40 per month... currently have sim only for 12- per month so Im not really excited about a 2 year contract.

    Any suggestions or deals?
    K55 BHA

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #2
      Seaweed! Seaweed! GoldWithFalmer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      SouthCoast
      Posts
      12,118


      0 Not allowed!
      My missus New (9 month old) Samsung 7 had charging issues (getting hot) (rainbow screen) and died at 60% battery-much fiddling with settings,turning off fast charging,backing up and re setting background apps has CURED it....

      Try all that stuff first...

      She loves Samsung hates Apple,Daughter is reverse- Me? I still have a 2012 Blackberry still going strong.. (yes i am sad)
      In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

      Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.
    • #3
      Members Nixonator's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Shoreham Beach
      Posts
      2,449


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by swindonseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      My iphone 5 now has a battery life of 4 hours, I have followed all apple advice but short of a new battery its a new phone.

      Do I go for iphone 7?

      I like the look of the Samsung S7...but how good are they?

      How about the famous Onsung ( or whatever its called) ?

      any other suggestions?

      Im not really happy with 2 year deals but I guess thats the price to pay for a new phone.
      Looking at 35-40 per month... currently have sim only for 12- per month so Im not really excited about a 2 year contract.

      Any suggestions or deals?
      Don't let the apple detractors dissuade you, they are still the best phones on the market.

      If you can afford a 7 you won't be disappointed.
    • #4
      Members swindonseagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Swindon, but used to be manila seagull
      Posts
      3,572


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Don't let the apple detractors dissuade you, they are still the best phones on the market.

      If you can afford a 7 you won't be disappointed.
      Found one at Carphone warehouse 35 per month unlimited calls/text 4gb data ..... 50 up front.
      I guess when I take off the 12 im paying its only 23 per month extra..

      I have only recently had iphones, my work phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and its quite hard to use compared to the iphone ( plus it has a habit of randomly restarting)
      K55 BHA
    • #5
      Members GreersElbow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Lincoln
      Posts
      4,103


      3 Not allowed!
      Had the iPhone 6S since it came out. I don't intend to go back to Apple, Samsung are superior.
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As I said I dont know just assumed
    • #6

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by swindonseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      My iphone 5 now has a battery life of 4 hours, I have followed all apple advice but short of a new battery its a new phone.

      Do I go for iphone 7?

      I like the look of the Samsung S7...but how good are they?

      How about the famous Onsung ( or whatever its called) ?

      any other suggestions?

      Im not really happy with 2 year deals but I guess thats the price to pay for a new phone.
      Looking at 35-40 per month... currently have sim only for 12- per month so Im not really excited about a 2 year contract.

      Any suggestions or deals?
      I've had an iPhone 3,4,5 & 6 over the years but thinking to change next time because of how well google is able to understand me so much better than Siri
      Being directed to a petrol station in Kentucky which is apparently my nearest will hopefully be a thing of the past!
      I think I'm going to try the pixel, excellent camera and charges in 20 minutes (so they say!)
    • #7
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      28,751


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Don't let the apple detractors dissuade you, they are still the best phones on the market.
      I disagree, I think there are better. For a start I'd like to have an SD slot. I'm still on an iPhone 4S, but will get an Android next.
      1 billion
    • #8
      Seaweed! Seaweed! GoldWithFalmer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      SouthCoast
      Posts
      12,118


      0 Not allowed!
      I personally would go for Android and that would mean Samsung,were it not for the new Blackberry Android phones-for now i'm sticking with Blackberry..

      Apple and Samsung are very different operating systems,similar too in some respects,but both have strengths...
      In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

      Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.
    • #9
      Members swindonseagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Swindon, but used to be manila seagull
      Posts
      3,572


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GreersElbow View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Had the iPhone 6S since it came out. I don't intend to go back to Apple, Samsung are superior.
      what is superior about the phones?
      K55 BHA
    • #10
      Members swindonseagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Swindon, but used to be manila seagull
      Posts
      3,572


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Reagulls View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I've had an iPhone 3,4,5 & 6 over the years but thinking to change next time because of how well google is able to understand me so much better than Siri
      Being directed to a petrol station in Kentucky which is apparently my nearest will hopefully be a thing of the past!
      I think I'm going to try the pixel, excellent camera and charges in 20 minutes (so they say!)
      I dont use Siri at all and find it crap......ask it to show the championship table and it shows premier league from 2016.
      was messing with it yesterday and asked Siri to find me a popcorn maker at Argos and it tell me it cant find that restaurant.

      Normally ends up with Siri telling me im rude.
      K55 BHA

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •