Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No.9 Ashley Barnes

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Can you not come up with a better contribution to the thread or to NSC than this? You think it is making you look clever but really its doing quite the opposite.

There is no earthly reason why this basic mistake is made time and time again.

It's not to make me look clever - just pisses me off when people can't get this right.

Is that OK with you?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
There is no earthly reason why this basic mistake is made time and time again.

It's not to make me look clever - just pisses me off when people can't get this right.

Is that OK with you?

Get a life then. Do you have any idea how utterly irrelevant the correct name of the nations top football league is, when both are widely used colloquially?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I liked AB,he scored goals,had an edge and gave his all. I don't know why we allowed the situation for him to leave,but he is doing well,as all fans of him knew would be the case !

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Get a life then. Do you have any idea how utterly irrelevant the correct name of the nations top football league is, when both are widely used colloquially?

My life is already gotten ta.

I'm sure your view is not widely agreed with.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
How many were offering to drive him up there ??!!

And yes, great finish
I thought he flattered to deceive.. pinged the odd goal in... but rarely created any chances with turns or trickery..... living off Vokes and Ings reputation and was a discipline liability.... glad he went.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought he flattered to deceive.. pinged the odd goal in... but rarely created any chances with turns or trickery..... living off Vokes and Ings reputation and was a discipline liability.... glad he went.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

'The odd goal in' jesus - 1 goal in every 3.3 appearances for us is a decent return for someone played out wide most of his career with us.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sign him up sign him up sign him up

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I was quite disappointed when he left especially as he'd started to find a bit of form, also replacing him with Rodriquez and Obika cost us a higher finish than 6th, had we got Grabban I think we could've finished a bit higher.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This. Huge asset to the club. AB only started getting stick when we moved to the Amex, probably from Customers whose only prior exposure to football had been MOTD.

...and [MENTION=894]Mr Burns[/MENTION]

Indeed. The thread he started was 'Barnes isn't even League One standard', so definitely started whilst we were still at Withdean. I loved it when Ashley reached his 20 goal target.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good footballer. Brilliant COMPETITOR.

Would gladly see him in any Albion squad, in any division.

Astonished that his time in the Premier League has not got him playing regular international football, with Austria. Perhaps he doesn't want to.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
You would think that this season of all seasons, would be an opportunity for people to rethink attitudes.

1 How many of the following worldbeaters that we absolutely had to sign to stand a chance of promotion, have had a positive impact on their respective sides? McCormack, Vydra, Rhodes ?
2 Who would have rated our chances last summer if they knew we would play most of the season without Kayal and Goldson?
3 Who thought spending 4 million quid on a Blackburn centre back would make such a difference to our prosepcts?

Ashley Barnes sits behind Murray, Ulloa, Hemed and on this season's form Baldock, in terms of his impact at the club. Obviously Sir Bobby is excluded from comparisons with mere mortals.

If that makes him average, what does it say about any of the following, who we have thrown money at or borrowed?
Manu, Bent, Collunga, CMS, Obika

OK two lists of 5 with Barnes in the middle, maybe isn't the best way to demonstrate my point:) but we bought and sold him for a fraction of the fees thrown around at other players and it was shortsighted by the club to let him go and ignorance on behalf of our supporters who got on his back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here