Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points do the Albion need for Auto-promotion ?

How many points do the Albion need for Auto-promotion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It does astound me the opinions that our form will collapse whereas our rivals will march on with 100% records.
It's not about that. As another thread has stated in the last 10 games Newcastle have a slightly better record than us. Huddersfield have significantly better form than us, enough to overtake us if they replicate that form for the rest of the season.

The worrying thing is that Huddersfield have a pretty easy run in, their hardest remaining away game is derby! We have to play Leeds, Norwich and villa away which is pretty daunting bearing in mind how abject we have been away recently.

It's almost undeniable that if things continue as they have already this calendar year, Huddersfield and Newcastle will get auto with a strong possibility that Huddersfield will win the title.

In saying that, there is still a lonnnnnng way to go.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
How many points do the Albion need for Auto-promotion ?

Nearly as stupid a question as ...How long is a piece of string ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's not about that. As another thread has stated in the last 10 games Newcastle have a slightly better record than us. Huddersfield have significantly better form than us, enough to overtake us if they replicate that form for the rest of the season.

The worrying thing is that Huddersfield have a pretty easy run in, their hardest remaining away game is derby! We have to play Leeds, Norwich and villa away which is pretty daunting bearing in mind how abject we have been away recently.

It's almost undeniable that if things continue as they have already this calendar year, Huddersfield and Newcastle will get auto with a strong possibility that Huddersfield will win the title.

The Leeds game is our toughest remaining for sure, but I'd be surprised if Villa arn't mentally by their summer swimming pools trying to avoid injuries spoiling their beach time. Hopefully Norwich are also demob happy as well by the time we play them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

How can you say that as Huddersfield have to get 4 points more than us even if they win their game in hand on 25th April?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
How can you say that as Huddersfield have to get 4 points more than us even if they win their game in hand on 25th April?
Huddersfield have a 2.5 point average in the last 10 matches. Crazy form, with a deep squad that was able to rest brown and mooy yesterday.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Huddersfield have a 2.5 point average in the last 10 matches. Crazy form, with a deep squad that was able to rest brown and mooy yesterday.

We have a 3 point average in our last two games Newcastle have 0.5 point average in their last two........

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The Leeds game is our toughest remaining for sure, but I'd be surprised if Villa arn't mentally by their summer swimming pools trying to avoid injuries spoiling their beach time. Hopefully Norwich are also demob happy as well by the time we play them.
Yep and now that derby have sacked McLaren ; hudds 3 games vs Preston, derby and Fulham in a row over Easter all of a sudden look very tough

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Norwich players may well be playing for their futures under a new manager. I suspect it will be a very difficult game.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Was thinking wolves and QPR will be bloody tough as well:)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Speculation is pointless. As it stands right now, the answer to the question is 24 more.

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Other - 88 Points will do it

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How many NSC threads about how many points we need for automatic promotion will there be in the 2016/17 season?

Too bloody many. Almost ALL of them pointless. :dunce:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
At the start of the season would have said 90 was enough but have revised to 93. Huddersfield have been on an superb run with 25 points in the last 10. I just don't see them matching that over the next 10 when the pressure mounts. They have Norwich early into a possible new manager bounce, Derby with new manager and Fulham and Preston, all difficult games. Hence my 93. I wouldn't discount Newcastle from losing a few when the pressure hits, the expectation on them is massive.
My comfort is that even if Huddersfield match their last 10 games during the run in it still leaves some wriggle room for us of a couple of defeats assuming we maintain the GD advantage.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here