Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points do the Albion need for Auto-promotion ?

How many points do the Albion need for Auto-promotion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In the history of the Championship 84 would get second on average

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
How many NSC threads about how many points we need for automatic promotion will there be in the 2016/17 season?

Too bloody many. Almost ALL of them pointless. :dunce:

I'm not sure it's possible to get promoted from the Premier League, but perhaps you could start a poll just in case! :wink:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not sure it's possible to get promoted from the Premier League, but perhaps you could start a poll just in case! :wink:
Eh?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
One more than Third place. The number is irrelevant

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If we'd been a bit more clinical in some of our comfortable victories we'd be at least level with Newcastle on GD as well, which might be vital on the last day.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
24 points more and go up as champs.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Beware of complacency.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Easy - Tough - the Wire

Newcastle have three "easy" games.

Then it is a TV weekend with us playing QPR on the Friday. Huddersfield at Forest at 3 and Newcastle knowing what to do at Hillsborough in the late TV slot. Hayden should be back from injury for them by then.

The going then gets tough if we can stay in touch by winning our two "easy" home games before then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Third best team in the division. :rolleyes:

2017-03-11-brighton.png

Brighton finished strongly last season and were an automatic promotion favourite right from the start. A bumpy start wasn’t sufficient to shake the model’s faith and since late October even finishing outside the top six has looked almost unthinkable.

Model performance: Pretty good right from the start

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This is Brighton & Hove Albion. From missing good chances in the last minute of extra time in FA Cup finals, to losing out on promotion to the Premier League by 1 goal, to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory against our closest rivals in the play offs, historically we have been the epitome of English sporting heroic failure and underachievement. All things considered, I think we can be forgiven, as fans, if we err on the side of pessimism about our chances - prepare for the worst and hope for better!

No we haven't. As I have said before, not a single campaign in 40 years in which we have entered the New Year in an automatic promotion slot has finished in failure. That is five (I think) plus 1987/88 where we finished strong and were promoted in second.

Five play-off appearances and one final victory plus one unexpected final appearance ending in defeat.

There was also a matter of a small escape in 1997. The details elude me.... :lolol:

So, all in all, not as bad as the moaning minis would have us believe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2017-03-11-ch-cann.png

It’s hard not to feel sorry for Huddersfield, whose points tally would have them on course for a top two finish if both Newcastle and Brighton weren’t doing so well. There’s also going to be a disappointing finish for one of the current top seven: they all have above-average tallies for the play-offs but one will have to miss out. The less said about Rotherham the better.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Fans better be up for it at home ot Blackburn!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here