Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points do the Albion need for Auto-promotion ?

How many points do the Albion need for Auto-promotion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The good point is that Newcastle are away to Birmingham next week who desperately need 3 points to keep Zola in a job so he may push them to up their game, stranger things have happened.

He hasn't m.anged to yet.
Can't see that happening I'm afraid

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I can see Huddersfield getting 93 points and us going to Villa Park needing to win to finish above them. This perhaps errs slightly on the side of pessimism - for example not picking up any points at Leeds or Norwich, and only getting draws at QPR and Wolves.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It does astound me the opinions that our form will collapse whereas our rivals will march on with 100% records.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
QPR have the 21st worst home record in the division with Wolves having the 22nd.

2 points from those games would be an astonishing loss of form from us.

The stats are behind us if nothing else!

I admire your optimism, but I think their recent form (3 consecutive home wins) is possibly a more reliable indicator at this stage than what they've done over the season (some of which was under a different manager). Taking those two games together, I'll concede that 2 points is a little pessimistic.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
It does astound me the opinions that our form will collapse whereas our rivals will march on with 100% records.

This is Brighton & Hove Albion. From missing good chances in the last minute of extra time in FA Cup finals, to losing out on promotion to the Premier League by 1 goal, to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory against our closest rivals in the play offs, historically we have been the epitome of English sporting heroic failure and underachievement. All things considered, I think we can be forgiven, as fans, if we err on the side of pessimism about our chances - prepare for the worst and hope for better!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've said elsewhere a couple of weeks ago that I thought we'd need 94. I see no reason to change that view, though I of course hope it will be fewer. I really can see three teams getting 90+ points. It'll be dreadful for the fans of Newcastle or Huddersfield getting 90+ points and having to endure the playoff lottery...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
88 points for 2nd place- have thought this for a while and still think will be the case...but who really knows

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I've said elsewhere a couple of weeks ago that I thought we'd need 94. I see no reason to change that view, though I of course hope it will be fewer. I really can see three teams getting 90+ points. It'll be dreadful for the fans of Newcastle or Huddersfield getting 90+ points and having to endure the playoff lottery...

I think you're close to the mark with this. The million dollar question then: can you see us getting 17 points from our 9 games? Personally, I think that will be tough.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Then again "we are clearly the third best side in the division".
Quite something for a team that has been top 2 since September.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would hope we can conjure up more than 11 points in 9 games, 4 of them at home against lower opposition.

I guess that means we will be going up as champions???

Yes and yes....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here