Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield's run in

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But of course, I always take full responsibility for what I say or do.
I won the predictions thing twice, now that's a word that is never said over here, showing my ability to gauge results looking at the form etc.
I was even more convinced BC might do it when they slipped into the bottom three earlier this week, as their position belies their form.

Very few, even in the world of pro football would have called it. Buy a lottery ticket.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just had a look and possibly Fulham and Preston, their run in looks fairly easy tbh..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Not picking on this poster just highlighting how difficult it all is in the run ins at this stage of the season. Actuallly it's all season isn't it. Remembering back to 78 I can still remember all teams getting the jitters.

So don't panic , dont get complacent now and try to enjoy it best you can. There are youngsters out there who will remember these games for ever more. I still remember the last time we got this close like it was last year.
That's because it was last year come to think of it.
No I mean in the 70's of course.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not picking on this poster just highlighting how difficult it all is in the run ins at this stage of the season. Actuallly it's all season isn't it. Remembering back to 78 I can still remember all teams getting the jitters.

So don't panic , dont get complacent now and try to enjoy it best you can. There are youngsters out there who will remember these games for ever more. I still remember the last time we got this close like it was last year.

Remembering in 78, we lost 3-1 at Cardiff on the Good Friday, who were struggling, though if I recall we won on the Monday vs Charlton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne

Good point about the youngsters - creatin memories and being able to say "I was there".

I'm making sure my 9 year old goes to as many games as possible in the run in. Norwich on a school day will be a stretch but it could be the one... ;)

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Remembering in 78, we lost 3-1 at Cardiff on the Good Friday, who were struggling, though if I recall we won on the Monday vs Charlton.

Cardiff were rock bottom around Christmas, and embed up finishing around 10th

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I was at that game and all I can recall apart from the hostile atmosphere was Brian Horton being the only stand out Albion player. He might have scored our goal even but I'm not going to look it up.
The point we got at Luton with Teddy's cracker was a relief but all the others won that day and I can remember feeling flat.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
No easy fixtures now for anyone us included. Brizzie looked a good side last night but on paper is an easy home win for us as is wigan and Blackburn. But they will be as tough as our recent ones and will take patience to break the parked bus down.

Huddersfield has 9 left. They have 27 points to play for and are 19 from 90. I think they will struggle to get that. We have 9 games to get about 15 points which I think will be enough. That's means Huddersfield need min 7 wins from 9 which is a huge ask

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
5 wins from 9 could be enough, but 5 wins and a point is definitely enough.

Shame Huddersfield have Burton at home next, a slightly trickier game could have killed their confidence.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I was at that game and all I can recall apart from the hostile atmosphere was Brian Horton being the only stand out Albion player. He might have scored our goal even but I'm not going to look it up.
The point we got at Luton with Teddy's cracker was a relief but all the others won that day and I can remember feeling flat.

Looks like Peter ward scored the goal against Cardiff and the next game was a 3-0 home victory over Bristol Rovers (Horton 2 and Maybank the scorers).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What an absolute tit! I like to read opposing forums but to actually post this on a rivals board is beyond me...

Brighton fan in peace here. Hope we beat them but if (God forbid) we do our usual end of season choke then really want you guys go up with Newcastle. Can't stand Leeds either, their sense of entitlement and arrogance effing grates.

We won't have Duffy and that's a big blow for us in what will be a very physical game. I haven't seen too much of them since we played them down at our place but they all looked like they had spent more time in the gym than on the pitch and I expect them to go in hard and try to bully our wingers esp. Knockaert who is very inconsistent anyway away from home and a tad emotional at times. I'll be happy with a draw and no injuries or red cards. I'm driving up too for the first time so it'll be my first visit to Elland Road sober.

Good luck tonight, I've put a bet on you lot to win in the hope that my awful luck at football betting continues but you're absolutely flying at the moment and I genuinely am expecting a 2-0 away win.

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/post/2093985/thread
http://downatthemac.proboards.com/user/14937

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here