Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield's run in

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Well I've put a few quid on a Hudders win on Friday - a win win situation! If they win I make a few bob, if they draw or lose then that will give us extra motivation to win at Leeds to increase the gap!

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
Derby Huddersfield on the 17th of April looks a bit more of a challenge for our third placed rivals now McClaren has been moved on. Would expect their players to be putting in a renewed amount of effort for the new manager. Will(Hughes) make a nice change for Derby to help us on our way for once, instead of their customary spanner in the works, which we've experienced at the climax to recent seasons.

Hudds fan in peace. I occasionally have a nosey on this board as you tend to talk a lot more sense then some places closer to Hudds, like L666ds and the Wendies.

I was amused by a post earlier in this thread, however, that seemed to suggest that we have had more than our fair share of luck, especially with refereeing decisions. Well, I guess we all feel hard done by on occasion, but as a Hudds fan I'm pretty sure that we are the team that are owed a few.

As regards penalties, for example, we didn't get our first until the Reading home game a few weeks back. Funnily enough, we had been moaning about the penalty count prior to this game. They'd had more than ten, and we'd had none. Irony or ironies, we then got a penalty against them ... which we promptly missed. We also got a soft one against the Toon, but I guess the ref, East, was feeling contrite after gifting Newcastle their first two goals. The handball before the dive for their pen, not to mention the fouls that preceded it, and then the ball was kicked from our keepers grasp for their second. We gifted them their third. Am I bitter? Er, yes, in respect of this result that could yet cost us dear. The Toon's first against you was also a freak, of course.

I think you may have been premature in celebrating the Toon win against us. We shall see. I'd love to see Newcastle having to fight it out in the play-offs, and the pressure is very much on them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
FWIW I think the league will finish in the order it is now with us 2nd and Newcastle being champions but ask me again at 7.30pm Saturday.

What if you're out then?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The other is this one:

'Newcastle paid out more in transfer fees in the Summer 2016 transfer window, than Brighton had in their entire 115 year history'

Amazing.

These are all interesting stats. However, to be fair on Netlewcas, they still made a big profit on their transfer dealings last summer. I think we were one of the highest net spenders, purely because of Duffy and resisting all offers.

theboybilly

Huddersfield remind me of us a couple of seasons or so back. They can dominate matches but ultimately are lightweight up top. I just don't see enough goals in them to get past us.
For us this season, we have four players already into double figures and the likes of Kayal and March just returning to the fray. Maybe I'm over confident right now but I see us as current favourites and reckon we'll smash Leeds next weekend. Match I'm most concerned about is Villa away, but am hoping we could be over the line by then.
Good luck to them, I'd love it to be us and them going up, but think they'll fall short, unless Newcastle bottle it.

For a side allegedly short of firepower and with a suspect defence Huddersfield are doing surprisingly well

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Hudds fan in peace. I occasionally have a nosey on this board as you tend to talk a lot more sense then some places closer to Hudds, like L666ds and the Wendies.

I was amused by a post earlier in this thread, however, that seemed to suggest that we have had more than our fair share of luck, especially with refereeing decisions. Well, I guess we all feel hard done by on occasion, but as a Hudds fan I'm pretty sure that we are the team that are owed a few.

As regards penalties, for example, we didn't get our first until the Reading home game a few weeks back. Funnily enough, we had been moaning about the penalty count prior to this game. They'd had more than ten, and we'd had none. Irony or ironies, we then got a penalty against them ... which we promptly missed. We also got a soft one against the Toon, but I guess the ref, East, was feeling contrite after gifting Newcastle their first two goals. The handball before the dive for their pen, not to mention the fouls that preceded it, and then the ball was kicked from our keepers grasp for their second. We gifted them their third. Am I bitter? Er, yes, in respect of this result that could yet cost us dear. The Toon's first against you was also a freak, of course.

I think you may have been premature in celebrating the Toon win against us. We shall see. I'd love to see Newcastle having to fight it out in the play-offs, and the pressure is very much on them.

How's your pitch holding out, are you worried that the Giants may cut it up & ruin it for you? I only ask as I read that Hull's manager was complaining about their pitch over the weekend.

Huddersfield are definitely the in form team. They have dropped only 4 points in their last 10 games, compared to 11 points for Newcastle and us.

There are no easy games, and they have a few teams that could spoil their run. Fulham are playing very well, and pushing for a play off spot. Wolves, Bristol and Burton are all trying to avoid dropping into the relegation zone, and will be fighting hard.

The other two teams that may have an impact could be Derby and Norwich, who will both have new managers, and may fancy a last push for a play off spot.

As someone has already pointed out on here, it's all in our hands. It would be nice if both Newcastle and Huddersfield had a couple of bad results to take the pressure off of us, but we need to concentrate on winning every game we can. 15 points may be just enough. 20 will definitely do it, and we are averaging 2 points a game.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
For a side allegedly short of firepower and with a suspect defence Huddersfield are doing surprisingly well

I didn't suggest they had a 'suspect defence' just a bit lightweight up top. That's a blessing from our point of view, if they did have a wealth of striking options it would be us and the gordies fighting it out for second. They seem more to be nicking games by the odd goal whilst on a run of decent form. I know they smashed us, but my god were we shite that day.
Form is a funny mistress and I'm unsure she'll stay with them until the end of the season as everyone else seems to believe. But yes, Huddersfield are doing remarkably well and I wish them well as long as it isn't to our detriment.
We were shit against Newcastle too and think slightly unlucky to lose it, could see them coming unstuck before it's all over.
It's our season if we want it enough.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

the ball was kicked from our keepers grasp for their second. We gifted them their third. ?

He had one hand on it therefore not in his grasp. All opinions [emoji2]

Re - Second para., yes you are right, but like you would love be to see Newcastle miss out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Huddersfield are definitely the in form team. They have dropped only 4 points in their last 10 games, compared to 11 points for Newcastle and us.

There are no easy games, and they have a few teams that could spoil their run. Fulham are playing very well, and pushing for a play off spot. Wolves, Bristol and Burton are all trying to avoid dropping into the relegation zone, and will be fighting hard.

The other two teams that may have an impact could be Derby and Norwich, who will both have new managers, and may fancy a last push for a play off spot.

As someone has already pointed out on here, it's all in our hands. It would be nice if both Newcastle and Huddersfield had a couple of bad results to take the pressure off of us, but we need to concentrate on winning every game we can. 15 points may be just enough. 20 will definitely do it, and we are averaging 2 points a game.

Weirdly, I make it 5 dropped points in their last 4 games.

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
Not good. This was a problem against Villa, when we struggled to get into our passing game. Hopefully the Giants will have their own stadium soon. This could also be a factor in the run in, unfortunately for us.

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
I didn't suggest they had a 'suspect defence' just a bit lightweight up top. That's a blessing from our point of view, if they did have a wealth of striking options it would be us and the gordies fighting it out for second. They seem more to be nicking games by the odd goal whilst on a run of decent form. I know they smashed us, but my god were we shite that day.
Form is a funny mistress and I'm unsure she'll stay with them until the end of the season as everyone else seems to believe. But yes, Huddersfield are doing remarkably well and I wish them well as long as it isn't to our detriment.
We were shit against Newcastle too and think slightly unlucky to lose it, could see them coming unstuck before it's all over.
It's our season if we want it enough.
Sure, he had only one hand on it, but according to Law 12 that is enough, particularly when that hand is clasping the ball to his chest and ground simultaneously. A lot of people seem confused about this, including numerous pundits, but the law is clear. A tough one for the ref all the same, assuming he didn't have a clear view.

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball when:

- the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds accidentally from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
-holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
-bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hands.

www.thefa.com/football-rules-govern.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

ofdmc2.jpg

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
He had one hand on it therefore not in his grasp. All opinions [emoji2]

Re - Second para., yes you are right, but like you would love be to see Newcastle miss out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure, he had only one hand on it, but according to Law 12 that is enough, particularly when that hand is clasping the ball to his chest and ground simultaneously. A lot of people seem confused about this, including numerous pundits, but the law is clear. A tough one for the ref all the same, assuming he didn't have a clear view.

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball when:

- the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds accidentally from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
-holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
-bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hands.

www.thefa.com/football-rules-govern.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

ofdmc2.jpg

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Win at Leeds and surely Huddersfield will have to give up the chase ffs. Can't see all the top 3 winning this weekend but at least its purely a 3 horse race now.

3 draws could easily happen this weekend which would be bloody good.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here