Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield's run in

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Huddersfield have 8 games in April. Albion and Newcastle have 7. Huddersfield game in hand is Wolves towards the end of April. Don't think any team has ever won 8 matches in one month. I think we hold the record of 7 out of 7. Therefore statistically Huddersfield will drop points. This is the year of the blue and white strips. Brighton Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday!!

Bollocks - As Benjamin Disraeli famous quoted " There are lies, Damn lies and statistics.

In this particular case though I hope you are right !

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think we should be more concerned about Newcastles run in! It is harder than both ours and Huddersfields... I think the Geordies could be the ones to miss out!

So much pressure on them, such high expectation to steam the league

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
[Huddersfield Town Fixtures

Bristol City v Huddersfield Town Fri 17 Mar 19:45 home win
Huddersfield Town v Burton Albion Sat 1 Apr 15:00 home win
Huddersfield Town v Norwich City Wed 5 Apr 19:45 draw
Nottingham Forest v Huddersfield Town Sat 8 Apr 15:00 away win
Huddersfield Town v Preston North End Fri 14 Apr 15:00 draw
Derby County v Huddersfield Town Mon 17 Apr 17:00 draw
Huddersfield Town v Fulham Sat 22 Apr 15:00 draw
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Huddersfield Town Tue 25 Apr 19:45 away win
Birmingham City v Huddersfield Town Sat 29 Apr 15:00 away win
Huddersfield Town v Cardiff City Sun 7 May 12:00 draw

Preston Draw is probably right as Huddersfield are at home, and Preston won the away game.
Fulham have already beaten Huddersfield 5-0 this season. I don't think it will be the same scoreline, but I think it will be hard for Huddersfield to win it.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Derby Huddersfield on the 17th of April looks a bit more of a challenge for our third placed rivals now McClaren has been moved on. Would expect their players to be putting in a renewed amount of effort for the new manager. Will(Hughes) make a nice change for Derby to help us on our way for once, instead of their customary spanner in the works, which we've experienced at the climax to recent seasons.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What I don't really understand is why the bookies are so much more confident than I am. Is this just a reflection of bets that have been placed or am I missing something?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What I don't really understand is why the bookies are so much more confident than I am. Is this just a reflection of bets that have been placed or am I missing something?

They've come in for a Top 2 finish. Sky Bet had them at 5.0 (4/1 in old money) a week or so ago. Today they are 3.5 (5/2).

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

They are looking at the statistics in a cold analytical way. You are a Brighton fan worrying constantly, and expecting it to some how go wrong like it always does for us. :shrug:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Very little to do with bets placed.

All to do with the fact that this Brighton squad has averaged around two points per game for more than a year and are thus on target for around 95 points, give or take 2 or 3 points, come the end of this season.

The bookies have us as almost equally likely to win at Leeds as Huddersfield to win at Bristol next weekend. This too is nothing to do with money bet - if anything we should be a bit of value when playing the Champions of Europe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here