Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield's run in

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The fact Newcastle aren't sailing clear at the top by 10+ points right now means they are currently failing their target, comfortably. ALL pressure is on Rafa. The most expensive squad the Championship has ever seen. An unused Newcastle sub (Mitrovic) in our game cost more than the combined transfer fees of our entire starting 11, I believe?

Last edited:

Tzterrier

Feb 17, 2017
A big HELLO to all the Down At The Mac readers who are on this thread right now, according to live Google Analytics!

Hello to you too!

Fascinating stuff this, one thing we can all look forward to is a very close finish to a brilliant season. Hope we both go up.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
it does make you wonder how Newcastle will cope with the expectancy of Promotion in the new few games, especially with an in form team like Hudders snapping at their heels!

For us, we've been here before, we know the score and we know how to get the points. We're battle hardened to this type of scenario where 3 into 2 doesn't go.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Huddersfield remind me of us a couple of seasons or so back. They can dominate matches but ultimately are lightweight up top. I just don't see enough goals in them to get past us.
For us this season, we have four players already into double figures and the likes of Kayal and March just returning to the fray. Maybe I'm over confident right now but I see us as current favourites and reckon we'll smash Leeds next weekend. Match I'm most concerned about is Villa away, but am hoping we could be over the line by then.
Good luck to them, I'd love it to be us and them going up, but think they'll fall short, unless Newcastle bottle it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hello to you too!

Fascinating stuff this, one thing we can all look forward to is a very close finish to a brilliant season. Hope we both go up.

With respect, after last season a close finish is exactly what we don't want, and something I'm not looking forward to without knowing there was a happy ending.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I can't see Huddersfield losing any, and if they draw 4 of the remaining games they still end up with 96. If us and Newcastle average 2 point a game, which is considered promotion form, we will both end up on 95 with a GD of 6 as it stands currently.

Newcastle have a few potential banana skins along the way though. Burton unbeaten in 6 is a sign of good organization, Shef Wed on their day can be a problem, Leeds anything could happen. Ipswich McCarthy will do his bit for Hughton, Preston a right bloody handful. Cardiff on the up since Warnock took over, and Barnsley are a good footballing side.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can't see Huddersfield losing any, and if they draw 4 of the remaining games they still end up with 96. If us and Newcastle average 2 point a game, which is considered promotion form, we will both end up on 95 with a GD of 6 as it stands currently.

Newcastle have a few potential banana skins along the way though. Burton unbeaten in 6 is a sign of good organization, Shef Wed on their day can be a problem, Leeds anything could happen. Ipswich McCarthy will do his bit for Hughton, Preston a right bloody handful. Cardiff on the up since Warnock took over, and Barnsley are a good footballing side.

Newcastle are finishing 3rd.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

If Burton, Preston, and Cardiff are all banana skins for Newcastle, surely they are for Huddersfield as well? Also add into the mix that they play Norwich and Derby, whose strong squads may well be galvanised by new managers by then, Fulham who recently beat Newcastle away and arguably could/should have beaten us home and away, Forest who beat us, Bristol who held Newcastle etc etc.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
:facepalm: Stupid boy.

Leeds are 11/5, we're 6/4. I'm not suggesting Moshe called us strong favourites, that was just my take on the odds available.

Why? Because everyone is going to win all their remaining games.

Come down from your cloud ☺

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here