Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield's run in

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If Burton, Preston, and Cardiff are all banana skins for Newcastle, surely they are for Huddersfield as well? Also add into the mix that they play Norwich and Derby, whose strong squads may well be galvanised by new managers by then, Fulham who recently beat Newcastle away and arguably could/should have beaten us home and away, Forest who beat us, Bristol who held Newcastle etc etc.

True but I sort of accounted for bad games with 4 draws and dropping 8 points.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
they have some tricky away games, Derby away with a new boss wont be easy.

I think they will lose 2 to 3 of those games, meaning we can lose 3 to 4 of ours.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
derby and Norwich new managers could help swing momentum. add those to tough games maybe for hudds

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Hudds fan in peace. I occasionally have a nosey on this board as you tend to talk a lot more sense then some places closer to Hudds, like L666ds and the Wendies.

I was amused by a post earlier in this thread, however, that seemed to suggest that we have had more than our fair share of luck, especially with refereeing decisions. Well, I guess we all feel hard done by on occasion, but as a Hudds fan I'm pretty sure that we are the team that are owed a few.

As regards penalties, for example, we didn't get our first until the Reading home game a few weeks back. Funnily enough, we had been moaning about the penalty count prior to this game. They'd had more than ten, and we'd had none. Irony or ironies, we then got a penalty against them ... which we promptly missed. We also got a soft one against the Toon, but I guess the ref, East, was feeling contrite after gifting Newcastle their first two goals. The handball before the dive for their pen, not to mention the fouls that preceded it, and then the ball was kicked from our keepers grasp for their second. We gifted them their third. Am I bitter? Er, yes, in respect of this result that could yet cost us dear. The Toon's first against you was also a freak, of course.

I think you may have been premature in celebrating the Toon win against us. We shall see. I'd love to see Newcastle having to fight it out in the play-offs, and the pressure is very much on them.
Problem in that game is that you didn't really look like scoring and got a very soft penalty.....you had many long range efforts but rarely troubled them.I can see why you normally win by the odd goal as you have great intensity and drive but not much end product hence never scoring many.

Great three way battle though and loving it :)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Win at Leeds and surely Huddersfield will have to give up the chase ffs. Can't see all the top 3 winning this weekend but at least its purely a 3 horse race now.

3 draws could easily happen this weekend which would be bloody good.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk
One will slip up this week and this will continue....Think Huddersfield will win no worries and they may actually win by more than one goal.
Reckon 3-1

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Problem in that game is that you didn't really look like scoring and got a very soft penalty.....you had many long range efforts but rarely troubled them.I can see why you normally win by the odd goal as you have great intensity and drive but not much end product hence never scoring many.

Great three way battle though and loving it :)

Have only caught the end of this thread but cannot believe what I'm reading.

We got a soft penalty against the toon & rarely looked like scoring otherwise.
Huddersfield beat us 3.1 & to be honest
It could have been 7 or 8.1
So to say they have no end product is
Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djlazyness

Oct 21, 2011
Peacehaven
Bristol City v Huddersfield Town - Draw
Huddersfield Town v Burton Albion - Win
Huddersfield Town v Norwich City - Lose
Nottingham Forest v Huddersfield Town - Win
Huddersfield Town v Preston North End - Lose
Derby County v Huddersfield Town - Win
Huddersfield Town v Fulham - Lose
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Huddersfield Town - Lose
Birmingham City v Huddersfield Town - Win
Huddersfield Town v Cardiff City - Lose

Total 13 = Total 84

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Huddersfield Town v Norwich City - Lose
Huddersfield Town v Preston North End - Lose
Derby County v Huddersfield Town - Win
Huddersfield Town v Fulham - Lose
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Huddersfield Town - Lose
Huddersfield Town v Cardiff City - Lose

Total 13 = Total 84

You think they're going to lose 4 home games?!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sure, he had only one hand on it, but according to Law 12 that is enough, particularly when that hand is clasping the ball to his chest and ground simultaneously. A lot of people seem confused about this, including numerous pundits, but the law is clear. A tough one for the ref all the same, assuming he didn't have a clear view.

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball when:

- the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds accidentally from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
-holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
-bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hands.

www.thefa.com/football-rules-govern.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

ofdmc2.jpg

Given where ?Murphy's foot is, it remains inconclusive for me whether he has proper control of it. Looking at it real-time, if I recall I thought the keeper made a 'dog's dinner' of it.

To be fair on yourself though, if it was Stocko, I would probably feel the same.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Huddersfield Town v Norwich City - Win
Huddersfield Town v Preston North End- Draw
Derby County v Huddersfield Town- Win
Huddersfield Town v Fulham- Lose
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Huddersfield Town - Win
Huddersfield Town v Cardiff City - Win

Total 23 = Total 94

We got 24 points in our last 10 games last year. No reason to believe Huddersfield could not get close or even match that.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Have only caught the end of this thread but cannot believe what I'm reading.

We got a soft penalty against the toon & rarely looked like scoring otherwise.
Huddersfield beat us 3.1 & to be honest
It could have been 7 or 8.1
So to say they have no end product is
Ridiculous.

Haven't they scored more than two only a couple of times?
Yes we were shite that night and with our midfield it was no surprise :)

We had a few good chances and far clearer than Huddersfields chances although I'm not talking about our game with Newcastle I'm talking about in general.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I see a few banana skins in there run in.
Fulham at home an obvious one.
Derby away especially with Derby having a new manager.
Cardiff at home.Warnock would love nothing more than ruining
Their promotion party.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hudds fan in peace. I occasionally have a nosey on this board as you tend to talk a lot more sense then some places closer to Hudds, like L666ds and the Wendies.

I was amused by a post earlier in this thread, however, that seemed to suggest that we have had more than our fair share of luck, especially with refereeing decisions. Well, I guess we all feel hard done by on occasion, but as a Hudds fan I'm pretty sure that we are the team that are owed a few.

As regards penalties, for example, we didn't get our first until the Reading home game a few weeks back. Funnily enough, we had been moaning about the penalty count prior to this game. They'd had more than ten, and we'd had none. Irony or ironies, we then got a penalty against them ... which we promptly missed. We also got a soft one against the Toon, but I guess the ref, East, was feeling contrite after gifting Newcastle their first two goals. The handball before the dive for their pen, not to mention the fouls that preceded it, and then the ball was kicked from our keepers grasp for their second. We gifted them their third. Am I bitter? Er, yes, in respect of this result that could yet cost us dear. The Toon's first against you was also a freak, of course.

I think you may have been premature in celebrating the Toon win against us. We shall see. I'd love to see Newcastle having to fight it out in the play-offs, and the pressure is very much on them.

Seems fair enough...although cant agree with your assessment of Newcastles second goal...goalie didn't have full control of the ball....of course the penalty for there first was a joke, with Ritchie diving

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here