Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield's run in

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Huddersfields run in

Our dodgy ref was against Newcastle. Absolutely shocking performance.

Fair enough. Out of interest, do you think you've had any luck avoiding injuries?

We finished the Derby game with our 4th choice centre back and 3rd choice right back and left back. Last year's young player of the season (Goldson) is out for the rest of this season and last year's player of the season (King Kayal) has only just got his place back in the team having been injured in the summer.

There is also the pressure of the final 10 games. Last year we won 7 with 3 draws. Our squad knows it can hang in there. Will that fitness you talk of remain for 46 games?

Whilst I think this will go to the final fixtures between the top 3, I really fear for the team left in third as the likes of Leeds could start resting their squad with a few games to go (like Hull, Wednesday & Derby did last season) meaning they are fresh for the playoffs. We were at 100% effort until Mike Dean blew the whistle of our 46th game last season. We had 4 players injured against Wednesday in the 1st leg of the playoffs because they'd given everything they had in the previous 46 games.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Think this is one of our big problems. Hudds seem to have all the luck running with them at the moment. Like yesterday, Brentford should have got something out of that game.

To be fair to Huddersfield they should have been out of sight before Brentford put a bit of pressure on them. I have heard from a Brentford supporting mate that they deserved their win.

Personally not really worried about the run ins. They never go how you think and there will be some strange results for all three of us. Just hope we continue with the form that has got us to 77 pts so far. If we do we are up! All about us really!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This 'easy' run in for us includes Leeds, Norwich and Villa away. Hmmm that's easy.
Villa will more be concerned with avoiding broken limbs spoiling their summer holidays. Hopefully that will apply to Norwich as well.

Leeds is the trickiest of all our remaing fixtures for sure - Let's hope NSC doesn't lose its mind again if the game goes badly, we'll still be in charge of our own destiny even if we lose it.

FWIW I reckon Bristol City on Friday will not be the walkover for Huddersfield that some expect.

Terrier17

Jun 30, 2009
Fair enough. Out of interest, do you think you've had any luck avoiding injuries?

We finished the Derby game with our 4th choice centre back and 3rd choice right back and left back. Last year's young player of the season (Goldson) is out for the rest of this season and last year's player of the season (King Kayal) has only just got his place back in the team having been injured in the summer.

There is also the pressure of the final 10 games. Last year we won 7 with 3 draws. Our squad knows it can hang in there. Will that fitness you talk of remain for 46 games?

Whilst I think this will go to the final fixtures between the top 3, I really fear for the team left in third as the likes of Leeds could start resting their squad with a few games to go (like Hull, Wednesday & Derby did last season) meaning they are fresh for the playoffs. We were at 100% effort until The Complete And Utter Shyster blew the whistle of our 46th game last season. We had 4 players injured against Wednesday in the 1st leg of the playoffs because they'd given everything they had in the previous 46 games.

We've had a few injuries, Kasey Palmer with being the main long term one. But we've got a large squad and fairly good cover.
Most people were already expecting us to have run out of steam by now, but there has been no suggestion of that in any of the recent games we've played. Wagner likes his rotation and had Mooy + Izzy on the bench yesterday before bringing them on in the 2nd half.
Long way to go yet but I'm praying we come up with you guys!

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017

Whilst I think this will go to the final fixtures between the top 3, I really fear for the team left in third as the likes of Leeds could start resting their squad with a few games to go (like Hull, Wednesday & Derby did last season) meaning they are fresh for the playoffs. We were at 100% effort until The Complete And Utter Shyster blew the whistle of our 46th game last season. We had 4 players injured against Wednesday in the 1st leg of the playoffs because they'd given everything they had in the previous 46 games.

We've had our fair share too - Hogg (one of our critical players) for example was out for a lot of the hump that we just got through. Wagner is just really good at managing the players levels and minimising risk. Helps that he did a masters in biology and sports science beeeen his playing career and coaching I guess.

Kasey Palmer is another one that we've had to survive without, and Scannell and Bunn. That's three attacking support players right there, meaning that Kachunga, Brown and VLP have had to put in a massive shift. Now I think about it, Jack payne and Lolley have only just come back too!

I understand what you're saying, but I really think that we've got through the worst of it. This last 4-5 weeks have been completely brutal, and we've made it through with the gap not increasing. Bodes well for the final push.

I went to a q&a with our chairman before the game yesterday and his position was this: "make no mistake, the next ten games are potentially the most important in our clubs entore history". Seems like there is fire in the bellies with the staff.

For what it's worth, I think you'll win the league. We'll come second and Fulham will win the playoffs. That'd be an ace result.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
We've had our fair share too - Hogg (one of our critical players) for example was out for a lot of the hump that we just got through. Wagner is just really good at managing the players levels and minimising risk. Helps that he did a masters in biology and sports science beeeen his playing career and coaching I guess.

Kasey Palmer is another one that we've had to survive without, and Scannell and Bunn. That's three attacking support players right there, meaning that Kachunga, Brown and VLP have had to put in a massive shift. Now I think about it, Jack payne and Lolley have only just come back too!

I understand what you're saying, but I really think that we've got through the worst of it. This last 4-5 weeks have been completely brutal, and we've made it through with the gap not increasing. Bodes well for the final push.

I went to a q&a with our chairman before the game yesterday and his position was this: "make no mistake, the next ten games are potentially the most important in our clubs entore history". Seems like there is fire in the bellies with the staff.

For what it's worth, I think you'll win the league. We'll come second and Fulham will win the playoffs. That'd be an ace result.

If Fulham make the playoffs I'm going large on them.
They've been by far the best team we've played both home and away.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Newcastle seem to be losing a bit of bottle if their fans are anything to go by - their websites are in meltdown after yesterday. I permitted myself a small thought in the direction you suggest in your last paragraph and then immediately rejected it as a dangerous fantasy!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't even want to think of the obvious narrative that would hang in the air like the stench of a rotten season, if the Albion played Fulham in the play-offs.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017

Cant disagree. I went to our away game with them and they completely ********d us. The only time that I've seen us not compete this season.

Will be interesting to see how we fair when they come to ours in a few weeks time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We also hit the post twice. We deserved to win - I was there. The majority of Brentford fans agreed after the game too.

Our dodgy ref was against Newcastle. Absolutely shocking performance.

Sky said you were comfortable yesterday as well.

I don't get the 'dodgy ref' thing, thought he got both of their goals right. Although there may have been a handball, there was definitely a clip of Ritchie for the pen, and the second goal your keeper made a dog's dinner of. He had one had on the ball at best and certainly didn't have control of it.

I would love the scenario where we both went up. Newcastle have to play Sheff Weds, Leeds and go to Cardiff which if memory serves me correct isn't a 'lucky' ground for them.

You never know.........

Do you have any jinx teams to play? We have never won at Villa, so don't want to go there needing a point.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't even want to think of the obvious narrative that would hang in the air like the stench of a rotten season, if the Albion played Fulham in the play-offs.
Oh ffs now you've done it

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Huddersfield Town Fixtures

Bristol City v Huddersfield Town Fri 17 Mar 19:45 home win
Huddersfield Town v Burton Albion Sat 1 Apr 15:00 home win
Huddersfield Town v Norwich City Wed 5 Apr 19:45 draw
Nottingham Forest v Huddersfield Town Sat 8 Apr 15:00 away win
Huddersfield Town v Preston North End Fri 14 Apr 15:00 draw
Derby County v Huddersfield Town Mon 17 Apr 17:00 draw
Huddersfield Town v Fulham Sat 22 Apr 15:00 draw
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Huddersfield Town Tue 25 Apr 19:45 away win
Birmingham City v Huddersfield Town Sat 29 Apr 15:00 away win
Huddersfield Town v Cardiff City Sun 7 May 12:00 draw

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stats say vs rivals at the top are the only time promotion chasers are really likely to drop all 3 points. Away games as likely as getting 3 pts.. Brighton have Leeds (A). Huddersfield have Fulham (H). Newcastle have Sheff W (A), Leeds (H).

Huddersfield run in worth an 3 extra points, 48 pts to aim for. 45 pts might do.

Got ot think the Rafa Bentiez lucky quotient has got to be worth 10 pts already this season (15 pts minus Shelveys big mouth). I've never found lucky to even itself out, luck seems to do the opposite.

I fed up with the hype and delusions of Newcastle, but we won't beat them for luck! Just not in the same League luck-wise. We will not beat them for moaning about referees either. That's cause their players kick and foul and the referee spots it.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Stats say vs rivals at the top are the only time promotion chasers are really likely to drop all 3 points. Away games as likely as getting 3 pts.. Brighton have Leeds (A). Huddersfield have Fulham (H). Newcastle have Sheff W (A), Leeds (H).

Huddersfield run in worth an 3 extra points, 48 pts to aim for. 45 pts might do.

Sorry but that last sentence, what are you on about?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here