Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday shoppers in Brighton

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What would any political party have to gain by 'pandering to a small percentage of univ students and cyclists'...? Then there is the small matter of every party voting it through at some point or another.

It's the unsustainable increase in car usage which has slowed down traffic. Fancy moaning about the traffic when you're a part of it.

Cutting two lanes into one hasn't helped either

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
They must all be MAD as hatters if they drive into town. This afternoon the whole of Canon Place was jammed leading up to the Churchill Square car parks and there were lines of traffic along the seafront for half a mile either side of Canon Place. Why do people put themselves through this? Five minutes in a traffic jam waiting to go shopping and I would be doing a U-Turn and be out of there. I imagine that these people have nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon? Just an observation.

I don't shop on Saturdays they are reserved for football! I go to Brighton on Sundays. It's free to park near the station (Burgess Hill) and I get the train. It takes no time to walk down Queens Road or, more interestingly via North Laine. I've tried Eastbourne and Worthing but they are poor in comparison, as is Crawley. I love Brighton.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They must all be MAD as hatters if they drive into town. This afternoon the whole of Canon Place was jammed leading up to the Churchill Square car parks and there were lines of traffic along the seafront for half a mile either side of Canon Place. Why do people put themselves through this? Five minutes in a traffic jam waiting to go shopping and I would be doing a U-Turn and be out of there. I imagine that these people have nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon? Just an observation.

The morning roads and parking, even at weekends, are surprisingly not too bad (except in November & December).

It's always been the same that it seems shoppers from west of the city, mid Sussex, Crawley, etc .... have tunnel vision that they must visit Brighton by car on Saturday afternoons, despite the hellish journey once in the city. Bizarre.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here