Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we are promoted, and Middlesborough relegated....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Personally I can't ever forgive him for a decision that was completely unjustifiable in such a key game. But certainly I think that if we can get promoted this time, the extra year in the Championship and squad strengthening will give us a better chance of staying up. So a blessing in disguise. But Mike Dean is still a disgrace.

Agreed about the squad strengthening, there are shades of 1978 in what happened last season.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not that it makes a difference but yes I was there in May.

If say we got results in the play-off home games against either Palace or Wednesday you think a minority of our fans wouldn't act the same as a minority of their fans did?

It wasn't a minority though was it? Hundreds abusing our team as they tried leaving the pitch and hundreds more goading Albion fans.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Why are we trying to invent a rivalry with Middlesbrough?

I want them to stay up, a decent club with fairly decent fans.

On the whole I agree with you' and I've met some great Boro fans watching England.

But the way their whole club from the physio to their fans behaved last season, more interested in goading our players and fans than celebrating themselves means I won't shed a tear when they go down, and I think they will.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've said for a while that on social media and here Boro had by far the biggest amount of gloating, unempathetic knob heads than us, Burnley, Newcastle & Hudds put together..!

There were of course many decent fans but the way for months after their twatty kids on Twitter trolled the #bhafc or any @officialbhafc tweet was pathetic. I could also see #blamegaston coming back to bite them if we did go up and them come down. Just shows, it's not worth giving it large & gloating too much as it can come back and bite you hard. Palace may well find that out of we go up with Glenn Murray's goals seeing us there - karma.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
....will we look back at last May's game and forgive Mike Dean?

I was at the Riverside that day, and experienced the pain (whilst watching 30,000 Boro fans celebrating). 10 months on, however, we are having a pretty amazing season (23 victories, 63 goals), whilst Boro have only won FOUR games in the league, and haven't even scored 20 goals yet.....

The complete and utter shyster he will always be,,,,,,but I
Am looking forward to altering my profile
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Surely there is one absolute inviolable rule that sensible football fans have is not to gloat. Today's success is tomorrow's failure, our success and their failure this season (if it happens) could be reversed in 2018, then how do you feel?.
Yes, yes, fine words indeed.

But never underestimate the disgracefully satisfying power of suddenly-liberated schadenfreude.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
On the whole I agree with you' and I've met some great Boro fans watching England.

But the way their whole club from the physio to their fans behaved last season, more interested in goading our players and fans than celebrating themselves means I won't shed a tear when they go down, and I think they will.
That was how they did it though, that was how they got the point they needed and saw us off. There was no way they were going to let Brighton leave Middlesbrough with a premier league place, so they super-hyped everyone up, built the whole place into a frenzy and ultimately there needed to be an outlet for that aggression which was us at the final whistle.

Hope not to be repeated

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Surely there is one absolute inviolable rule that sensible football fans have is not to gloat.

Except when dealing with your rivals. Then it's more or less mandatory*

*This rule is null and void when a club is asset stripped and almost drops out of the league.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Never forgive that Shyster. He put his pontificating vanity and a 'look at me' moment above a fair contest for a huge prize.

'Boro? Happy if they go down, but primarily IF it means we don't have to go there again. God-forsaken place summed up for me by the hastily erected pop=up stall selling "'Boro Premiership" (sic) scarves as we fled the ground.

Enjoy promotion and the rest of this season for it's own sake (should it happen). The last 6 games in 79 were the most memorable in my 46 year Albion history.

PG

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I was at the Riverside that day, and experienced the pain (whilst watching 30,000 Boro fans celebrating). 10 months on, however, we are having a pretty amazing season (23 victories, 63 goals), whilst Boro have only won FOUR games in the league, and haven't even scored 20 goals yet.....

Jeeez, is that right? That's pretty grim. These days the only time I really tune in to the Premier league road show is to see if Palace have lost so don't have a clue how Middlesborough are getting on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here