Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who were Tony's guests last night?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If i had a few bob to invest , the potential BHAFC have right now is a very attractive proposition and the club would be foolish to turn down investors with a eye on the future , can't say i'm that bothered if they're chinese or any other nationality , Mr Bloom is a shrewd enough operator never to give up his beloved club completely and he deserves a little payback imo .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Tony Bloom cannot finance Club if we are to succeed in PL.
Make sense to sell part stake to fund Hotel and Player recruitment.
OR are they investing in the housing development/Ikea build by the training ground?

How do we know that Tony Bloom can't afford to finance the club in the Premier League? He is a very private man as far as his finances are concerned.

Let's face it, anyone who can afford to spend the best part of £200m of their loose change on a new stadium, and training academy, without any real hope of seeing any of that money again, must be akin to being stupidly rich.

I don't think he will need too much financial help, in establishing this club in the Premier League.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
How do we know that Tony Bloom can't afford to finance the club in the Premier League? He is a very private man as far as his finances are concerned.

Let's face it, anyone who can afford to spend the best part of £200m of their loose change on a new stadium, and training academy, without any real hope of seeing any of that money again, must be akin to being stupidly rich.

I don't think he will need too much financial help, in establishing this club in the Premier League.

If an offer for a stake is too good to turn down then his business head will decide. I don't believe he will ever sell a controlling stake.
Pay off debts and invest.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If an offer for a stake is too good to turn down then his business head will decide. I don't believe he will ever sell a controlling stake.
Pay off debts and invest.

If that is what he decides to do in the future, then so be it, but your right, he can't, and won't, ever give up control of the club.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So, as I suspect (HOPE), a local business deals with the Chinese. For instance American Express or a big importing company.
Now, you want to impress these people so have a chat with your mate TB. "Tony, I've got a box costing me loads of dosh, any chance you could do me a favour and show these guys around?"

Lush

Mods' Pet
Without getting ahead of ourselves, If we're going to be a proper Premier League team and compete with the big boys, then we're going to need to get into the Far East market. Taking a few baby steps towards that sounds like a wise idea. Doesn't mean we're selling up. Thanks to Tony, we don't need to (hopefully).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Without getting ahead of ourselves, If we're going to be a proper Premier League team and compete with the big boys, then we're going to need to get into the Far East market.

Polegate?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Maybe they were a delegation from Omsung looking to use the Amex as a venue for the launch of the latest Phine ?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
My bet would be Qataris....Loadsamoney for world cup....Nice to be English Club Owners aswell!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here