Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldson's future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
A Leeds friend reminded me of Asa Hartford, recently, when asking me how Connor was getting on. The older ones on here, may remember he failed a medical at Leeds, and so had his contract cancelled, due to a heart defect, but went on to have a good career.

I don't remember the circumstances but AH was a year behind me in school !

Sincerely hoping Conor will be back safe and sound before we know it !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I like the fact the NW corner (& others) have sang his song loudly at every home match since the heart thing came out :clap2:

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I just hope he hasn't got the same condition as James Taylor.
If he did have the same condition, then there would be no question of a future career in competitive sport. I wish both gentlemen all the best (Have you seen James Taylor's career batting average for Sussex?)

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I have been trying to fit all this to a potential diagnosis. Since echocardiograms (ultrasound of heart structure) won't be routine, it is unlikely to be a structural problem like a valve or cardiomyopathy.

ECGs (electrical heart traces) may be done more frequently so this could be what picked up the problem. Since he seems to have been asymptomatic this is likely to be a ECG abnormality that predisposes to dangerous arrhythmia. An example of this would be Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.

Treatment would involve radio-frequency ablation of the abnormal conduction pathway in the heart in a planned procedure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I had super ventricular tachycardia and had an ablation performed a few years back. It's a relatively straightforward procedure but does require a period of non exertion afterwards. I found the worst thing about it was the bruising from knee to navel afterwards..........Oh , and waking up halfway through the op!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It can't be quite that simple can it, as he'd just have the op now and get back to training. Is it just that it required a long rest after the op?

It's heart surgery.... so probably yes quite a rest afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here