Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno signed a new contract.......in February

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Pretty sure there has been no announcement from the club about this, nor anything in the Argus, but Bruno signed a new contract on February 9th, as confirmed by the FA Player Registration booklet:-

Bruno.jpg

In fact, on February 17th, the Argus published the following story - Bruno always kept faith - playing for his best manager and that exotic 4-4-2 - which, somewhat bizarrely, includes the following passage:-

Bruno is under contract only until the end of the season and does not profess to be looking further into the future. Four-and-a-half years after nervously coaxing four-year-old son Pol into the first day at a foreign school where he did not understand a word, Bruno and wife Raquel are very settled in Hove. Pol and younger sister Adriana know nothing else and Bruno has learned about rugby and cricket thanks to his son’s school matches.

Bruno did not hesitate in signing a new contract soon after last May’s play-off heartbreak even though The Argus understands there was the chance of a more lucrative deal in the Middle East. So a decision over any new deal does not have to be all about money. He said: "As a child, I moved with family quite often. I came here for two years and I have been here for five years. I was thinking about it the other day and I think it is the longest time I have ever lived anywhere. My children love it in Brighton. My family and my wife’s family are back in Barcelona and we miss them as well. We are thinking about staying but in football you never know."

Of course, it isn't the first time that the Argus has no clue what has gone on with regards to contract extensions; back in 2014 I reported on here that Gordon Greer had signed a new contract and it only took the Argus two days to catch up; how long will it take this time?

As a side note, youngster Ben White also penned a new deal at the start of January.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Odd. Even if the Argus don't know why haven't the club announced it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
As it was outside a transfer window, it was not due to interest elsewhere and must be an extra year ???

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
it only took the Argus two days to catch up; how long will it take this time?

#ArgusWatch

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can someone like [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] or [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] pls confirm if this is correct? I'm delighted if true - the bloke is a model pro & sums up what this club stands for - like so many others.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
CH would look to replace him sadly IF we go up due to his age. But would hope he is given a run out in the promised land after getting us there.

Talking about this last night - you'd have Bruno in the squad etc - you'd have to - he's earnt it. But we were saying in the Prem we'd have Rosenior as first choice right back. He's def good enough. We'd probably need another for competition at RB or LB.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Poc is good enough at lb with a decent pre season under him

No way. He's Decent enough for now but Can't head, and no attacking threat. He'd get destroyed in the prem. rosenior and bing both better

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Poc is good enough at lb with a decent pre season under him

Yep I'd probably agree with that. Expect another utility player in to replace Tamori...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
CH would look to replace him sadly IF we go up due to his age. But would hope he is given a run out in the promised land after getting us there.

I've always assumed this - but his level isn't dropping off and he's one of the best right backs in the league., So maybe he can cut it.

Having said that his job in the premier league will be far more about defending than it is now, and he isn't as composed there as when he's attacking. Perhaps Tomori is being groomed for that role next year, season-long loan, he isn't as great as Bruno going forward but quick enough and big enough to stand up to wingers coming at him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here