Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno signed a new contract.......in February

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Can anyone else see him in a sweeper role for us, á la Culverhouse in the Priestfield years?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Bruno is one those freak people whose body defies the years. You get them, but only occasionally. Sheringham, giggs, Steve foster, dean windass. These people are a different breed to the rest of us.

I seem to remember he signed as an afterthought to Vicente, to keep him company. What an amazing Albion career it's been.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Good detective work, AZ. Does it say when Knockheart signed his? Met an old friend last week who reckoned it was a long time before it was announced.

Knockaert's was announced by the club on March 3rd. The March booklet isn't available to view yet (and may not be for a couple of months); however, nothing was registered by the end of February so I think your friend is wrong.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I hope in the long term both Bruno (and a returning Calderon) have a working position within the club. 2 players who really have worn their heart on their sleeves and have liifted the spirit around the team and club and shown leadership.

Both jolly nice chaps aswell!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I am really pleased we will see him for at least another year, his technical skills are outstanding and yes he could play sweeper.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Can anyone else see him in a sweeper role for us, á la Culverhouse in the Priestfield years?

The Sweeper is an out dated roll that has now become sweeper keeper, and no longer an outfield position.

Bruno looks as fit as the day he arrived, but I fear he would struggle against premier league full backs raiding down the wings.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The Sweeper is an out dated roll that has now become sweeper keeper, and no longer an outfield position.

Bruno looks as fit as the day he arrived, but I fear he would struggle against premier league full backs raiding down the wings.

Depends what type of sweeper, think it will come back at some stage. Dortmund were still having success with it in late 90's with Sammer.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Depends what type of sweeper, think it will come back at some stage. Dortmund were still having success with it in late 90's with Sammer.

What a great player he was, but that was 20 years ago. Manuel Neuer is probably as good with his feet as Bruno, and that seems to be how the modern game will be played. Look how quickly Pep ditched Joe Hart because he doesn't have the ball skills to play sweeper keeper.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Well, well, well - who could have predicted THIS Argus lead story today?

Bruno1.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We already knew :lol: :-

[tweet]841166688875868160[/tweet]

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Great news now confirmed.

Unfortunately there's also a hint he'll miss the Leeds game in that article.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well, well, well - who could have predicted THIS Argus lead story today?

View attachment 82809

To be fair – and I HATE to give ANY sort of credit to that rag – there are quotes from CH in there, which assumes there was some sort of press release issued. The trigger might have been this thread (and I guess we'll never know) but it could just be coincidence.

Either way, great news all round. Absolute Albion legend.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
NSC leading the way in 'exclusives' as per... Well done OP - top digging :clap2:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be fair – and I HATE to give ANY sort of credit to that rag – there are quotes from CH in there, which assumes there was some sort of press release issued.

The one we all got at 22:06 last night?

BRUNO EXTENDS CONTRACT

Brighton & Hove Albion have agreed a contract extension with club captain and right-back Bruno.

The 36-year-old Seagulls skipper has extended his current agreement by 12 months until June 2018.

Manager Chris Hughton commented, "Bruno has earned his extension. He has played almost every league game and sets a great example on and off the pitch. He has been a model professional and has been a great player to work with.

"He's been really consistent throughout my time here, and has been one of our key players. He works hard to keep himself in great shape and looks after himself very well. I'm delighted he has extended his time with the club."

The Barcelona-born defender is in his fifth season with the club, having joined from Valencia in 2012, and has made more than 150 appearances for the club.

He was made captain last summer, and has more than 100 La Liga appearances to his name, having also played in Spain for Espanyol, Lleida and Almeria.

ENDS

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here