Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno signed a new contract.......in February

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Wonderful news, one of the most skilful players I have seen play for the Albion in over ahem years.

Another player from Spain, who has that extra, whether it's with the feet or from the brain.
He seems to be very calm when in tight situations, always finding an out to produce whether in defence or attack.
We had it with Vincente and Spanish Dave, that extra bit that sometimes the British player lacks.

Edit: Calde' also.

Last edited:

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Another player from Spain, who has that extra, whether it's with the feet or from the brain.
He seems to be very calm when in tight situations, always finding an out to produce whether in defence or attack.
We had it with Vincente and Spanish Dave, that extra bit that sometimes the British player lacks.

Absolutely sir. His skill and footballing brain can benefit us in so many ways especially the younger players.

I remember some threads on here saying he was terrible and a liability which at the time astonished me, I thought to myself ' why on earth can these people not see that he is different gravy' then my faith in NSC was restored by the 'I like the cut of his jib' thread.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Absolutely sir. His skill and footballing brain can benefit us in so many ways especially the younger players.

I remember some threads on here saying he was terrible and a liability which at the time astonished me, I thought to myself ' why on earth can these people not see that he is different gravy' then my faith in NSC was restored by the 'I like the cut of his jib' thread.

I remember seeing him recently, where he had two players on him, then without flapping, he just flicked the ball to Knocky I think, without him moving.
Brilliant

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Edit: Calde' also.
I still miss Calde :cry:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He may have a clause giving him parity with the clubs top wage earner, so when Knockaert or Murray signed his new contract, Bruno's needed amending also. Not an extension, just a pay rise.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I remember seeing him recently, where he had two players on him, then without flapping, he just flicked the ball to Knocky I think, without him moving.
Brilliant

Indeed. The thing that annoyed me about the former Bruno was the number of speculative inaccurate short/medium passes he fluffed. This has almost completely been coached outof his game. Another thing is how much better players play when there is confidence in the team. Last night the confidence bordered on arrogance. Certainly there was fearlessness. Bruno fits into that overall mojo in almost exactly the same way that Ray Wilkins wouldn't (have done).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course, it isn't the first time that the Argus has no clue what has gone on with regards to contract extensions; back in 2014 I reported on here that Gordon Greer had signed a new contract and it only took the Argus two days to catch up; how long will it take this time?
They'll read your post, double check it (maybe), then release it in the paper as an exclusive.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Last night the confidence bordered on arrogance.

Yet we were patient too. We didn't lose our shape or change our game plan. They had some potentially very good, very dangerous players given half a chance. The discipline and hardwork every Brighton player is putting in, from start to to finish, is incredible. (Reading game another great example)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
That doesn't give a new end date - could it not just be a pay rise for the remainder of this season?
We don't know for sure, but maybe unlikely that we just give him a payrise for his remaining 5 months without extending the deal. ???

There is something reassuring about a football club that doesn't shout from the rooftops every contract deal that it does with its players. I guess it's part of the togetherness thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here