Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenior appreciation thread

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
For me a 'proper' professional.

Effective with both feet, committed, intelligent and communicates throughout the game.

Even better he relates to the fans and seems very much a 'club man' despite only being here a couple of years.

Very lucky to have him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He was constantly communicating with the CB's and Skalák.
Believed this was part of the reason we did not miss Duffy at all and why Dunk was so calm tonight.

To be fair, I thought Uwe was pretty good as well! Made me wonder why everybody was panicking at Duffy being out. The BFG was doing pretty well for us last season.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To be fair, I thought Uwe was pretty good as well! Made me wonder why everybody was panicking at Duffy being out. The BFG was doing pretty well for us last season.

I think a lot of the concern revolves around the spectre of Dunk picking up another 3 yellow cards whilst Duffy is out. We would then be in trouble ( that was before we signed the Norwegian)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If he stays fit until the end of the season, it will go a long long way towards pushing us over the line. He makes the whole left side look more dynamic

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I think a lot of the concern revolves around the spectre of Dunk picking up another 3 yellow cards whilst Duffy is out. We would then be in trouble ( that was before we signed the Norwegian)

I wonder whether tomori has queue jumped the Norwegian if dunk or bfg is out

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I think Leroy was more than shortlisted. He was on the brink of being appointed when Scotland's finest threw his hat into the ring.

There was an interesting interview with father and son last weekend. Talking about the wider world and British politics. Absolutely a class above.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He was superb, but so was Kayal, and so was Uwe, and so was Skalak .... players without much game time really doing well is very impressive.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Agree with everything that's been said on this thread. He is a fantastic player and seems a great personality to have around the club.

What amazed me last night was that despite being out since August and then having to play three games in a week, there was no sign of tiredness during the game. He continued to make forward runs all game and dealt easily with Ince, notionally Derby's best attacking player, until he had to move infield to find some space. At a time when we are struggling with defensive injuries, having Rosenior back is huge.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have always rated him as my fav left back at the club - and it's not his natural position as such. The passion the man has is admirable and he has such a clever footballing brain. Linked better with Skalak than anyone on the left side has this season.

I recall a very clever ball into space down the line by the corner flag. There was nobody really on the wave length to run onto it but it was hit with such precision that it stated on the pitch & forced their player to kick it out for a throw - such a neat and tidy player - I remember his first appearance v Forest for us last season and thinking exactly the same when he came in. Free transfer too - unreal business :clap2:

His dad must be very proud :cheers:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wonder whether tomori has queue jumped the Norwegian if dunk or bfg is out

He has for the moment, but I'd assume that once up to full fitness Forren would be first choice, with Tomori cover for Bruno.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
What a player and what a guy. The epitome of a true professional.

Despite being sidelined for a lengthy period for the second season in a row, you'd have thought he'd never been away from his performance tonight.

The run and the flick in the first half were absolutely sublime and he was a key component in another near-flawless team effort at the Amex tonight.

Not only is he a great player, he is also a very intelligent, positive, professional guy. You can see just how hungry he is to succeed with everything he does.

Let's hope his injury problems are behind him now and he can lead us on to the Prem. What a cracking piece of business by the club to bring him in.

All this and more........every single interview I have ever heard with him has been totally professional, elegant, down to earth, talking sense and full of passion....the list goes on but think you get the drift. Absolutely love the guy!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All this and more........every single interview I have ever heard with him has been totally professional, elegant, down to earth, talking sense and full of passion....the list goes on but think you get the drift. Absolutely love the guy!

If we were to go up, I hope every montage video that Chazzy makes starts with Liam's chin up clip at Weds away :thumbsup:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
He was absolutely superb last night.
When he went on that rampaging run in the first half, I just wanted him to have a shot at goal. Love him to bits!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Link? Would love to see this.

Good luck for today BTW

It was a full page in a Times sports supplement. Monday or Saturday. It was a printed copy but will look out for a link. Thanks for the thoughts about Lincoln. I hope to see them put up a fight but I have to say I'm Brighton to the end of my toes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Link? Would love to see this.

Good luck for today BTW

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/the-game/a-ref-heard-me-racially-abused-he-did-nothing-gtf0ldz7t

Liam had the link on his Twitter account.

Liam is the perfect professional. He is so versatile, he can play across the back four, but has such skill, he can also play left or right midfield. He is a leader, and cares about doing a thoroughly good job, whether it's for the first team or the U23s. He puts a shift in every single game.
I'm so glad he's got back to his best, after such a devasting injury that was inflicted on him at Reading. He's a joy to watch and I'm so glad he's in my team. I remember admiring his play when he was at Hull, so thrilled when he signed for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here