Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby Chat bits....Brighton are the new Barcelona

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Just a few snippets from their chat room.... and doesn't make good reading....

Knockaert is so good. Why didn't we sign him?*
Brighton look like they have 14 players on the pitch.
Biggest difference between the two teams is attitude. Brighton get the ball, they're aggressive and run at our players. They have 5 or 6 capable of carrying the ball and do it as often as possible. It's positive.
It looks like Brighton are taking candy off a baby...
Embarrassing*
They're miles better than us.
We look embarrassingly poor tonight*- its men against boys out there.
Brighton are far from 'really average'. They are outclassing us without breaking sweat.
Brighton look good.
Brighton are very good, direct, organised and play with energy.. they make it look fun..*Yet we have people here saying they are very ordinary.. Please!!
Hughton is a good Manager, no doubt about it.
Brighton are the new Barcelona
Men against boys. The thing is, Brighton haven't even had to try too hard.
They are a cut above and deserve to be going where they are going. Good luck to them.
AND BEST OF ALL....
Going out now to get even more pissed turning tv off*

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I will always remember their fans after they tonked us in the play off semi on the train on the way home. Wankers the lot of them!

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I will always remember their fans after they tonked us in the play off semi on the train on the way home. Wankers the lot of them!

Karma.

Same last April when they played us at the Amex. We sat near their section - aged from approx. 60 to 10 years old, there were quite a few low life's abusing Brighton fans. Chuffed when Hull spoilt their arrogant belief in the play offs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Biggest difference between the two teams is attitude.

That is very true. As for signing Knocky - if they think he'd have performed anywhere near as well for them as he has for us they obviously haven't taken much notice of how they sign quality players for massive fees and wages and then ruin them. Knocky needs to be loved and wanted - he wouldn't have got that there - fact.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Play off second leg when we lost, however many it was by. Leaving on the coach their fans by the road applauded us. Complete opposite of Boro who attacked our overnight coach.

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
Derby did well I thought - after 15 minutes I commented they looked like a side that were very happy to lose 2-0.

Literally no effort from them start to finish. Maybe it's unfair to our own performance we did exactly what we had to, but I'll never forget Derby's shocking lack of effort tonight. I can't imagine there are any upset players on their coach. An embarrassment

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
F*** off derby you bunch of *****

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Play off second leg when we lost, however many it was by. Leaving on the coach their fans by the road applauded us. Complete opposite of Boro who attacked our overnight coach.

Totally agree. Before the play off game we drank with Derby fans and they were to a man humble and down to earth. They deserve better, and i still can't believe they lost to QPR at Wembley that year (even if Bobby scored the winner).

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
A few times I watched Derby play, with the players they have/had and thought "That's what we should aspire to be".

Now we are the club they are aspiring to be.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
TBF they did the same to us in the play off semi's under Garcia it is always a pleasure to return something.
We were the better side at home, then went to their place a goal and a few men down. Not that they weren't better than us over the season, but we were injury hit.

theboybilly

I got 'good luck for the future' wishes while crossing the car park after the play-off defeat at the iPro. Older generation Derby fans it has to be said but it lifted my spirits. As has been mentioned, Boro fans didn't cover themselves in glory last May

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The tables have been turned.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Shared the same experience, met many, drank with many and good people.

Some might say it's been easy for them to wish us well after the few clatterings they've given us, but clearly not so easy for those on the Tees and various supporters of other clubs over the years.

Martin, Keogh and Schteve have made is easy to loathe their actual team though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here