Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's Ref

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How Bruno avoided two stonewall yellows I'll never know. I liked his attitude generally but thought he was SLIGHTLY too lenient.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
The contrast between the cool and calm ref this evening and referees like The Complete And Utter Shyster and Clattenberg are worlds apart! I know which I prefer!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Very impressed. Let the match flow. It briefly looked like it could get tasty when Murray and (I think) Christie had a bit of a dust up and he just called them over for a cooling off period. It wasn't a dirty game as such so why dish out cards and inflame it?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I thought tonight's referee was absolutely blinding, no cards no needless fouls, let the game flow and didn't want to be the centre of attention. Big thumbs up from me.

We were saying the same too. Excellent ref.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
He played advantage on at least 3 fouls (second goal was scored from this) so refreshing to see a ref wanting football to flow for once.

He did miss the chance to play advantage for Will Hughes and missed two yellows (Bruno and one for them). But other than that a perfect performance.

You can't expect refs to get everything right but if they were even 80% of today's performance football would be better off for it. Well done that man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought tonight's referee was absolutely blinding, no cards no needless fouls, let the game flow and didn't want to be the centre of attention. Big thumbs up from me.
It wasn't until an hour after the game that I even thought about what the ref did, which is as good a compliment as I can give.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've never even heard of him! That, straight away makes him an above average ref. Had the chance to produce the yellow at least three times and showed sense. Fantastic ref on tonight's performance. Although, having said that, he'll probably be downgraded for not being Hitler enough.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I noticed his performance and was tempted to start a thread on it. Nothing to do with us winning.

Very much the kind of refereeing seen in rugby. He understood that things get heated and made allowances. On one occasion a County player lost it a bit and shoved one of our fellas pretty hard. Normally a booking but he let it go and had a word. I was fine with that. It happens. He took a very mature, almost NIgel Owens style approach. Good to see.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

i thought the same and wondered if they should sit the likes of the complete and utter shyster down and say " here you are mike , this is how it's done.....ye twatt"

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Very good refereeing, only complaint would be I felt a couple of cynical challenges from Derby players should have been punished with a booking and Bruno should have probably got one too!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Very good refereeing, only complaint would be I felt a couple of cynical challenges from Derby players should have been punished with a booking and Bruno should have probably got one too!

I don't think of it as a complaint, but a comment. What would issuing yellows have achieved ? I thought he controlled/disciplined the game well enough without the need to be card happy. More of the same please and football would be a better viewing experience all round.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
An outstanding performance from the ref.
It's a rarity for me to not lose my shit at the ref at least once per game.

I didn't even notice him last night.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Helped by players not feigning injury every time they got tackled. Players not leaving legs dangling to turn legit tackles into fouls. And players who stayed on their feet when they could. Also, no fear of sky analysing every ref error, and blaming refs
not the cheats, when they are caught out by the cheating. If only more games were like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here