Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fair play Steve McClaren

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Derby County are in terminal decline given a few years back they totally outplayed us in the play-offs.

The buck has to stop somewhere but who is to blame, I would guess most of those players are paid more than our highest earner, zero commitment - Ince passed the ball back in an attacking position and stood there. A Brighton winger would have run into space.

Everything has gone totally wrong there in a very short space of time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Quote of the day on the DCFC forum

8a71a11dd4368124d95699305f703901.jpg

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
They have an outrageous number of expensive strikers on their books but I wouldn't swap any for murray or baldock.

I'd have Hughes for us tho

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Don't see how he could be anything else. In his interests to talk up the opposition to disguise just how far Derby have declined.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I thought he was fair and sensible in his analysis. The squad has changed markedly since he was last there, and it's clear that there are players in the squad that don't fit his philosophy and that disconnect between the attack and defence for them tonight was stark. They look like a squad full of excellent attacking players, decent midfielders and average Championship defenders who haven't yet been mounded back into the type of side McClaren would want. Quite why they aren't starting Hughes is beyond me too - as dirty as he is, he's also their best player!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I can never concentrate on what he's saying because of his haaaaaaaaair islaaaaaaaaaand.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They look like a squad full of excellent attacking players, decent midfielders and average Championship defenders

And yet only three teams have conceded fewer goals than them and only five have scored fewer.

How on earth can a team with Bent, Vydra, Nugent, Ince and Hughes in it not muster a single shot on target?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Hughes and Ince as part of our PL squad. Tonight they were surrounded by mediocrity / overpaid teammates on their last juicy contracts.

Hughes for me is the championship Wilshere - massively overrated and making a living out of what he might do one day. Kayal absolutely owned him tonight.
Ince - in the right team could be devastating but seems to believe the hype around how good he could be.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here