Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings vs Derby

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Even more enjoyable than the Reading game IMO.

Stockdale - N/A

Bruno 7.5 - very lucky not to be booked
Dunk 8
Uwe 8
Rosenior 9 - blimey. I don't remember him being THIS good?!

Knocky 8.5
Stephens 8
Kayal 8.5 - vital return of the king. Lifts the whole team.
Skalak 8.5 - the difference in set piece quality when he's in the side is huge

Baldock 8 - the composure with which he took that goal, great to see
Murray 8

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
That was an exceptional performance tonight. Not one player had a bad game. On that basis, bar Stockers who had nothing to do, 8's at least all around:

Stockdale - 7 - Didn't have anything to do, and took no unnecessary risks with his distribution.

Bruno - 8 - Linked up well with Knockaert in the first half, but in all fairness wasn't really tested at all on the right side. Let's hope the injury isn't serious.
Uwe - 8 - Fantastic, won plenty in the air but in all seriousness, not tested much.
Dunk - 9 - Same as Uwe, but more imperious. Won everything in the air and one or two important interceptions.
Rosenior - 9 - Exceptional first half, quietened in the second but didn't put a foot wrong. Great to have him back.

Knockaert - 9 - A great goal, and an assist. Worked very hard, and always a threat. Not surprised he was given Sky MOM.
Kayal - 10 - Wow. That was the Kayal of old, won everything, was a constant nuisance, looked composed and just completely run the show. Like a new signing.
Stephens - 9 - Very good tonight, particularly first half. Him and Kayal, when on song, there's no better pairing.
Skalak - 8 - Worked his socks off, and looks to have a bit more urgency when on the ball since his return vs Rotherham. Great set piece delivery, and great to have him back in first team contention. I think we missed him.

Baldock - 8 - Got his goal, worked hard as per usual. Despite the goal it didn't really go his way tonight but the side looks completely different without him.
Murray - 9 - Can't fault the performance, won almost everything in the air and got his goal in the end. Different player at home compared to away.

Subs:
Tomori - 8 - When he came on, he didn't put a foot wrong. Although of course I hope Bruno's injury is not bad, he will be a more than capable understudy.
Hemed/March - Not long enough to judge.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
All 10. An excellent all round performance from an excellent TEAM.

A classic example of teamwork prevailing against potentially better individual players, but ones who cannot play together for toffee.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All 10. An excellent all round performance from an excellent TEAM.

A classic example of teamwork prevailing against potentially better individual players, but ones who cannot play together for toffee.

Indeed. A true Hughton performance.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
That was an exceptional performance tonight. Not one player had a bad game. On that basis, bar Stockers who had nothing to do, 8's at least all around:

Stockdale - 7 - Didn't have anything to do, and took no unnecessary risks with his distribution.

Bruno - 8 - Linked up well with Knockaert in the first half, but in all fairness wasn't really tested at all on the right side. Let's hope the injury isn't serious.
Uwe - 8 - Fantastic, won plenty in the air but in all seriousness, not tested much.
Dunk - 9 - Same as Uwe, but more imperious. Won everything in the air and one or two important interceptions.
Rosenior - 9 - Exceptional first half, quietened in the second but didn't put a foot wrong. Great to have him back.

Knockaert - 9 - A great goal, and an assist. Worked very hard, and always a threat. Not surprised he was given Sky MOM.
Kayal - 10 - Wow. That was the Kayal of old, won everything, was a constant nuisance, looked composed and just completely run the show. Like a new signing.
Stephens - 9 - Very good tonight, particularly first half. Him and Kayal, when on song, there's no better pairing.
Skalak - 8 - Worked his socks off, and looks to have a bit more urgency when on the ball since his return vs Rotherham. Great set piece delivery, and great to have him back in first team contention. I think we missed him.

Baldock - 8 - Got his goal, worked hard as per usual. Despite the goal it didn't really go his way tonight but the side looks completely different without him.
Murray - 9 - Can't fault the performance, won almost everything in the air and got his goal in the end. Different player at home compared to away.

Subs:
Tomori - 8 - When he came on, he didn't put a foot wrong. Although of course I hope Bruno's injury is not bad, he will be a more than capable understudy.

Thats pretty much how I saw it. Great team performance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Give every 8, your favourite player 9.
Wipe your face, move onto the next game.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Stockdale- N/A

Bruno- 8
Dunk- 8
Hune- 9
Rosenior- 9

Knocky- 8
Stephens- 9
Kayal- 9
Skalak- 8.5

Baldock- 8
Murray- 8

Tomori also did well when he came on, looks a lot more confident now.

Derby were ****ing woeful. Pearce is a carthorse, Carson is way past it, Butterfield and De Sart were shocking, Hughes petulant, Vydra and Ince flatter to deceive and playing Bent as your sole target man with no real support is plain stupid. They have real problems with the tactics and the attitude in that team.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Cba with rating everyone, they were all fantastic! Just want to highlight the difference Kayal makes to the team. Sidwell has been brilliant and am not knocking him in the slightest, but a fit Kayal does what Sidwell can do, as well driving at teams with his pace and added creativity. On form, our best player.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Wallop
Every outfield player performed better than their Derby counterpart. Cracking work rate, the gulf between the teams deserved a bigger winning margin. 9s all round (including Stockdale because he's a smashing bloke)

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale 7
Bruno 8
Rosenior 9
Dunk 9
Hunemier 9
Stephens 9
Kayal 9
Skalak 9
Knockeart 9
Baldock 9
Murray 8

Tomori 7
March 7
Hemed 7

Great performance. very pleased for the like of Hunemier, Rosenior, Skalak & Kayal. For one reason or another they've played nowhere near as much as they would have hoped for, but showed what quality players they are.

Kayal in particular could be a real bonus in the run in. I love Sidwell to death and he's been fantastic this season but Kayal can give you everything Sidwell can plus a bit more. The additional physicality in midfield really helped us stifle an attack minded Derby side, who never really got going. Yes they were poor but we didn't give them a minutes rest with exceptional pressing throughout the team.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Subs:

This but I'd up Uwe a mark

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale 8
Bruno 9
Rosenoir 9
Dunk 9
Uwe 9
Knockaert 9
Stephens 8
Kayal 9
Skalak 9 - MoM - back to his best
Baldock 8
Murray 8

Tomori 8
Hemed 7
March 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim

Mar 2, 2017
Stockdale 8
Bruno 8
Rosenior 10
Dunk 9
Hunemier 8
Stephens 7.5
Kayal 9
Skalak 8
Knockeart 9
Baldock 8
Murray 8

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Baldock missed chances that against a less generous side would be unforgivable.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 7

Bruno 8
Dunk 8
Uwe 8
Rosenior 9

Knockaert 9
Stephens 8
Kayal 9 mom
Skalak 8

Baldock 8
Murray 8

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Stockdale 7 - Didn't have to do much
Bruno 8 - Solid Performance, (hope his injury isn't too bad but looked ok when clapping the fans after the game)
Rosenior 8.5 (Probably his best performance since joining us)
Dunk 8 - Solid
Hunemier 8 - Had a great game - His contribution is easy to overlook but a really good player!
Stephens 8 - Back to his usual quality!
Kayal 8 - The Kayal we know and love is back!
Skalak 8.5 - His workrate and desire this evening was amazing! My only complaint of his overall play is he can be a little sloppy at times with his passing and shooting. Pleased for him to get motm though, it will do his confidence good!
Baldock 8.5 - Really starting to show what he is capable of! Very clever striker!
Knockeart 9 - Awesome perfomance - My motm
Murray 7 - Not his best tonight but got a good goal!

March 7 - Didn't really have long enough on the pitch but looked decent when on the ball
Hemed 7 - As above ^
Tomori 7 Did well and did nothing wrong that I can recall

Chris Hughton - 10/10 - Got everything spot on this evening! The way he has got the positivity & togetherness running through the team is a real credit aswell!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here