Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich sack Neil.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I am sure that if they had a sniff that a rival club was on the verge of appointing a manager such as Rowett or they had been in negotiation with one and terms had been agreed then speed would be of the essence. My feeling is that like Derby and Villa there is a deep seated malaise which can't totally be put down solely to the manager. Major restructuring and clear outs needed and time needed to rebuild on solid foundations. The Championsio takes no prisoners and is no respecter of reputations and that is what makes it such a good league.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Pardew is now the bookies favourite at 4/11. Those odds would suggest it's more or less a certainty, especially when you compare that to the nearest one's they're offering:

Other odds are:
Rowett 4/1
Hodgson 6/1
Irvine 14/1
Warburton 16/1

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Can't stand Norwich.

Spunktrumpet taking over there would be lovely, especially if he couldn't improve them. I can't believe any chairman would want to bring him on board though.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I am sure that if they had a sniff that a rival club was on the verge of appointing a manager such as Rowett or they had been in negotiation with one and terms had been agreed then speed would be of the essence. My feeling is that like Derby and Villa there is a deep seated malaise which can't totally be put down solely to the manager. Major restructuring and clear outs needed and time needed to rebuild on solid foundations. The Championsio takes no prisoners and is no respecter of reputations and that is what makes it such a good league.

Yeah. The fans aren't happy. Big league money hasn't been well-invested so far. Facilities lag behind and the delay in sacking Neil was perceived as part of the malaise.

Funny how Naarich and Derby both stuffed us at Falmer a couple of years ago. Progress indicators. Thank you Daddy Hoo.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A bit surprised, TBH. They'd kept faith with him so long I thought they were going down the continuity and stability route - re-group and recruit in the summer and go again. That would have made sense to me.
But still, the Norwich fans wanted rid, and we know how good their judgement is. Didn't they get rid of a manager when they were in the PL a few years back, only to get relegated a few weeks later?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

They have no CEO at the moment after sacking moxey a few weeks back.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Would be funny if the new manager thinks Pritchard is a waste of space and leaves him out

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will Norwich be putting Pards up in the Linton Travel Tavern?

It has a certain symmetry to it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With Rowett and Warburton getting new jobs, and Pards seemingly ruled out of Norwich, would it be fair to say Norwich sacked Neil without his replacement already lined up.

Begging the question - Why didn't they just do that months ago?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Would be funny if the new manager thinks Pritchard is a waste of space and leaves him out

It would, but Norwich are over-loaded with players of a similar ilk to Pritchard, by which I mean small, skilful, ACMs with good technique and vision. They also have Hoolahan and Naismith and have just off-loaded Brady. Those are the type of players that just don't tend to shine in the Championship, although there are honourable exceptions (Pritchard for a season, for instance). I can understand why Bloom, CH, Winstanley, etc were interested in introducing one into our squad, because we really don't have a player of that ilk at present. But to have four of them, many of which came with expensive transfer fees and sky-high wages, is one of the many reasons why Neil is no longer in a job. I'm delighted it took them so long to sack him, because the likes of Rowett would have knocked them into shape a long time ago, if they'd brought him in soon after Birmingham inexplicably decided to get rid of him.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
With Rowett and Warburton getting new jobs, and Pards seemingly ruled out of Norwich, would it be fair to say Norwich sacked Neil without his replacement already lined up.

Begging the question - Why didn't they just do that months ago?

Quite. Both on and off the pitch NCFC seems to be a bit of a shambles at the moment. No CEO having sacked Jez Moxey within months of appointing him. Ed Balls as Chairman produces media friendly sound bites (no surprise) but the club drifts along. It seems that Delia and Mr. Delia are seen as figures of fun, while a very junior family member is being groomed as a board member. Meanwhile club sponsors come and go.

On footballing matters they (IMO rightly) gave a young manager in Alex Neil the benefit of the doubt despite the wheels coming off at the Amex and their subsequent form taking a dive before Xmas. Finally decided they should part company, most observers presuming they must now have a replacement lined up. However events show they've been eclipsed by other clubs appointing Rowett and Warburton. Hodgson was supposedly in the frame for Norwich at one point. Pardew, well.... Some punters even suggest that Mick McCarthy would do a solid job given the resources at The Canaries disposal. Meanwhile :hilton::wozza: they just seem to be drifting to mediocrity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here