Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Huddersfield fan offering a different perspective

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
does your team barbour only know one cut?

View attachment 82745

89775Wolv_lg.jpg

Hello! Huddersfield fan here.

I have written quite a emotionally charged impassionate blog reflecting on our season so far and what we could potentially achieve in the remainder of the season.

I thought as a direct promotion rival (still seems surreal to me) that you may be interested in having a read as it offers it you the different perspective and give you a real insight into our season.

https://viewfromkilnerbank.wordpress.com/2017/03/08/time-to-believe

Any reads and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes for the remainder of the season, I hope you'll be in the Premier League next season, over the course of the past two seasons you've deserved it.

Firstly, it was very brave of you to come on here and post your views. It was inevitable that some would like it and some would shoot you down in flames.

I think the piece you've written is passionate, and reflective of how you feel. It's good to get a prospective from fans from another team.

But as a couple of people have pointed out, there are mistakes in the article, which is not important normally, but you've put it out there to be read by a lot of people, so it should be right.

You failed to mention Newcastle, us or any of the teams chasing you. With 10 games left, no one can be ignored. I think it's obvious that Newcastle should win the league. It would be a failure of gigantic proportions on their part if they don't. If £75 million doesn't get you automatic promotion, then we may as well all give up.

With regards to your team. I believe that Huddersfield deserve promotion this year, (the same as we did last year.) because you have played some of the nicest football, and obviously have a winning mentality. But Leeds are right behind you, and having a really good run, which could well happen to any of the teams behind you. So it's not just about catching us, it's about remaining focussed, and just trying to win every game. It's no different for us. We know if we win 8 more games we are promoted, but it's never as easy as that. the pressure is starting to build, mistakes are being made and injuries are coming fast and furious.

After the last game has been played, the best two teams will be promoted, and the next four enter the lottery. It's that simple. We have been in that lottery 3 times in the last 4 seasons, and league form goes out the window. So I hope for us we don't have to do it again.

Good luck!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Addressing your second point, don't you think there is a flaw in result-based rather than performance based data analysis. For example, taking your usage of evidence, why haven't Reading dropped out of the playoff places considering that they have the highest goals against and the worst goal difference.
Bringing READING into the equation doesn't really strengthen your case. I am equally unimpressed by the miracle taking place at The Madjeski under the inspirational Jaap Stam...

Don't get me wrong, I acknowledge Huddersfield are having a good season and Wagner is doing a good job. As a Brighton fan though I am not at the front of the queue to join the love-in. In fact quite the opposite - Huddersfield are by a wide margin the team that I currently wish nothing good to whatsoever...!!!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Bringing READING into the equation doesn't really strengthen your case. I am equally unimpressed by the miracle taking place at The Madjeski under the inspirational Jaap Stam...

Don't get me wrong, I acknowledge Huddersfield are having a good season and Wagner is doing a good job. As a Brighton fan though I am not at the front of the queue to join the love-in. In fact quite the opposite - Huddersfield are by a wide margin the team that I currently wish nothing good to whatsoever...!!!

I agree with all of the above and then some, HTFC represent a clear and present danger to ruining my summer and indeed probably the rest of the year!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Obviously, I don't want you to go up automatically, unless it's at the expense of Newcastle, but I would love to see you beat Wednesday in the play off semis and then dirty Leeds in the final. If you could also arrange Palace to be relegated as well, that would be a perfect season for me.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hello! Huddersfield fan here.

I have written quite a emotionally charged impassionate blog reflecting on our season so far and what we could potentially achieve in the remainder of the season.

I thought as a direct promotion rival (still seems surreal to me) that you may be interested in having a read as it offers it you the different perspective and give you a real insight into our season.

https://viewfromkilnerbank.wordpress.com/2017/03/08/time-to-believe

Any reads and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes for the remainder of the season, I hope you'll be in the Premier League next season, over the course of the past two seasons you've deserved it.

Try Women's Own.

No perspective gained.

We get more insight form Newcastle fans moaning about the referee. It gives us a clue that some Newcastle players are incapable of tacking properly.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think the feeling is completely mutual. After last season, you deserved to go up and you deserve to go up again, if we weren't in contention then I would be backing Brighton 100%

I am pretty confident that in your current form the playoffs will be a walk in the park and Wembley will be a great day out for you. Over the last couple of seasons and winning the most points out of all the leagues in that time, we are certainly more deserving of auto promotion. You deserve promotion via the playoffs, and I hope you do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here