Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

After the first six games this season.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The respective records are as follows.....
NEWCASTLE................P 30.....PTS 65.....PTS PER GAME.......2.17 ( 99 )
BHA................................P 30.... PTS 66.....PTS PER GAME..... 2.20 ( 96 )
HUDDERSFIELD..........P 29.... PTS 52.....PTS PER GAME..... 1.79 ( 88 )
LEEDS...........................P 30... .PTS 61.....PTS PER GAME...... 2.03 ( 86 )
READING......................P 30.....PTS 54.....PTS PER GAME...... 1.80 ( 82 )
SHEFF WED.................P 30.....PTS 54.....PTS PER GAME....... 1.80 ( 80 )
FULHAM........................P 29.....PTS 46.... PTS PER GAME........1.59 ( 75 )
( Figures in brackets are final totals if that strike rate is maintained)

Observations........
1) Newcastle, BHA and Leeds have been the most consistent performers over the longer period.
2) Huddersfield are still riding on the back of getting off to a flying start ( like us last season )
3) Are Leeds more of a threat than Huddersfield?
4) Fulham are going to have to work hard to break into the top six.
5) Stats show we are still in a very strong position.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Was thinking about stats earlier. How long have us and Newcastle occupied 1st and 2nd place in the table?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Why pick this point?

Why not after 16 games or 26 games? (Ps I know we went on that unbeaten run after 6 games)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wasn't there a stat from a week or so ago that we'd scored 100 points in our previous 46 league games.

All that said to me is that we are some sort of anti-Palace (in more ways than one) in that where each season begins and ends is quite key to this promotion (and not being relegated) thing, annoyingly.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Was thinking about stats earlier. How long have us and Newcastle occupied 1st and 2nd place in the table?

Newcastle went to the top of the table on the 18th October and held it until 9th December when we went top. They've held the top two places since 18th October.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
2) Huddersfield are still riding on the back of getting off to a flying start ( like us last season )

No they aren't. They squandered the strong start mid-season (dropped as low as 8th in early December). Since then they've done nothing but climb back up and slowly close the gap on us.

From their last 10 games they've managed a really strong 22 points, compared to our 17.

3) Are Leeds more of a threat than Huddersfield?

Only if they beat us. And even then, they've still got Newcastle to come. They're 9 points back on the same number of games played. Hudds, on the other hand, are right on our tail: 6 points behind and a game in hand that, on paper, is probably 3 points for them. if Leeds come knocking on our door for a ladder position, Hudds will already have surged past us.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The point I was trying to make was that a flying start can carry you a long way into a season e.g Huddersfield now and us, last season. Sixteen points from six games is a fantastic cushion and has helped Hudds ride over some dodgy patches. We were the same last season, when the same start helped us when draws started to kick in. Leeds have been the more consistent of the two over the longer period and may last the course better.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wasn't there a stat from a week or so ago that we'd scored 100 points in our previous 46 league games.

I hadn't heard that, but I'd love to keep quoting it - if it's true!

Can anyone confirm it?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

All that said to me is that we are some sort of anti-Palace (in more ways than one) in that where each season begins and ends is quite key to this promotion (and not being relegated) thing, annoyingly.

Excellent.

Just give us the cup now then.

Please?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I hadn't heard that, but I'd love to keep quoting it - if it's true!

Can anyone confirm it?

Just checked...

First 33 games of this season = 71 points.
Last 13 games of last season = 29 points.

It's correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here