Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Sussex Town?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Billingshurst scummers arch rivals here in wisborough green always good when we meet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always enjoyed both fixtures when playing for Rudgwick

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Shoreham for me mainly because of the fishing sea/river.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Has to be Shoreham - born there and agree with comments posted, it does have it all - sea, downs, river, airport, history and still manages to retain its charm.

Went to school in Steyning and that comes a close second

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
They were called Psycho Normal and his Stiff Victims. Some of the lads worked at Southdown Motor Company in Victoria Rd Portslade.

Psycho Normal - were they just a local band? Sounds so familiar and the bear destruction, but I lived in Crawley until 1981 and wouldn't have seen a band in Shoreham/Portslade

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Think my favourite would be Alfriston.There used to be some great pubs there,and Drusillas to keep the kids happy.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
favourite Sussex town

It is not until you move out of Sussex you appreciate how lovely a county it is. I come from Sussex families on both sides, my grandmother on my mothers side were shepherds in the Thakeham area (aptly their surname was Greenfield), my fathers side came from Patcham when it was a village, they too were shepherds.I lived in Hove where I was born, then Lewes, Newick where I had the pleasure of being the village copper for a few years and finally Eastbourne now live in Turkey.Apart from Eastbourne don't like too many of the big towns (city) now but there are loads of lovely villages too many to mention

Edit should have said my grandmothers family were shepherds, cant imagine her wandering miles over the countryside with a sheepdog!

Last edited:

patcham lad

Nov 27, 2009
Durrington - nearest Pubs the North Star & Lamb Inn - then a slightly longer walk to the John Selden - You can sing them a song as you march along in Sussex by the Sea.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Arundel... Loved the place since i was knee high to a grasshopper.

As a kid going to Swanbourne lake and feeding the ducks, walking around the countryside, picnics.

As an adult the great restaurants, the pubs, the lovely bespoke boutique shops.

It's one of those places that really makes me feel warm, content and happy with life.

The summer is amazing (although too busy) and winter is just like a German Christmas market.

We have a family tradition of drinking in Arundel every xmas eve. It is my best day of the year.

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
When did they move Burwash from East Sussex to Kent? It was and still is in sussex and is a lovely place to live

Only just seen this - Burwash was officially moved into Kent by NSC some time ago. The fact that it is now in Kent does not detract from the original point, it's still a nice place to live!!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Pound Hill/Worth area of Crawley because it's the place in my mind identified as HOME even though I haven't lived there for 36 years :) Not even visited in a long while :)

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Psycho Normal - were they just a local band? Sounds so familiar and the bear destruction, but I lived in Crawley until 1981 and wouldn't have seen a band in Shoreham/Portslade

They played in Brighton too - I remember a gig at the Hungry Years - got a vague recollection of playing a couple of numbers with them.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
They played in Brighton too - I remember a gig at the Hungry Years - got a vague recollection of playing a couple of numbers with them.

OMG! that makes sense, my best friend at school and me used to hitch hike to Brighton to go to the Hungry Years in the 70s .... thanks

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
OMG! that makes sense, my best friend at school and me used to hitch hike to Brighton to go to the Hungry Years in the 70s .... thanks

Glad that's solved your dilemma.

You may have seen me play - had a gold Gibson Les Paul copy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here