Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Sussex Town?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brighton is okay to visit but I wouldn't live there again for love nor money. So many better places in Sussex.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Brighton is okay to visit but I wouldn't live there again for love nor money. So many better places in Sussex.
That depends on what you're after. There are many places offering things that Brighton doesn't offer, but if you want what Brighton has to offer, what place in Sussex (or anywhere in the world) offers a better version of it?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That depends on what you're after. There are many places offering things that Brighton doesn't offer, but if you want what Brighton has to offer, what place in Sussex (or anywhere in the world) offers a better version of it?

Well yes, I don't disagree. I'm just saying I wouldn't live there anymore. It's a fantastic tourist spot and fun to live in during your twenties but not a great place to settle in. Criminally overpriced too.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Shoreham.

Born in Brighton but lived in Hove/Portslade most of my life though in Southwick at the moment which I've grown to like.

Shoreham though has it all in a Sussex sort of way. Good pubs, the river, the sea, not bad shops etc. If I ever go anywhere from Southwick it's west rather than east. Worthing is a likeable place too.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yeah, totally agree. Have no idea what it's like to live there now, but growing up there (a long time ago) was brilliant.
There's a lot of wealthy oddballs that just roam about moaning about anything and everything .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well yes, I don't disagree. I'm just saying I wouldn't live there anymore.
Understood.
It's a fantastic tourist spot and fun to live in during your twenties but not a great place to settle in.
Again, that depends. Some people like to settle somewhere peaceful, others like to see life going on around them all the time etc.
Criminally overpriced too.
Everywhere decent seems ridiculously expensive to be honest.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lewes - if I had the money I'd live there.

Despite living in Brighton, I spend more time in Lewes town centre than Brighton's: I went to college there, the kids and I play cricket there, the kids used to play rugby there, my son plays squash there, it's the place that Mrs Gwylan and I choose to drink in ... it's got everything going for it.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Understood.
Again, that depends. Some people like to settle somewhere peaceful, others like to see life going on around them all the time etc.
Everywhere decent seems ridiculously expensive to be honest.

True to a degree but it really is pricey. Not just housing.

Pint of Guiness:

Shoreham £3.40
Worthing £3.50
Steyning £3. 70
Brighton £4.90

Fish and chips

Shoreham £4
Worthing £4.80
Brighton £6.50

12.5 grams Amber Leaf

Shoreham £4.49
Worthing £4.49
Brighton £5.90

3 mile taxi ride

Shoreham £4.50
Worthing £4.70
Brighton £7.90

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Lewes - if I had the money I'd live there.

Despite living in Brighton, I spend more time in Lewes town centre than Brighton's. it's got everything going for it.

I agree with all of this. I love visiting Lewes in the summer, sitting in a pub near the river having a few drinks. Not many things better.

Much less pretentious than Brighton and far fewer muppets roaming around.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Steyning has a lot going for it. Nestling next to The Downs and the River Adur, 4 pubs and a decent High Street, good school and less than 20 minutes to The Amex.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Although I now live a few hundred yards over the border in Lancing I still regard Shoreham as my home town. I totally agree with the benefits listed by previous posters though wish that some of the developments had not occurred and the town was still as it was 50 years ago when I was a lot younger.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here