Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Sussex Town?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Simple really. What's your favourite town/village/area in Sussex? Why do you like it and what is there to do there?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Rye. If you want to escape noise, hustle and bustle, this is the place. Walking up to the church and dreaming that one day I could ever afford to live in one of those houses surrounding it! All you can hear is the sound of gulls. Lovely!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Has to be Crawley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
1 Newhaven

grew up there,sandy beach,good pubs and you could catch a boat to France

2 Seaford

lived there in the 80's

great beach for fishing,pubs were good and the trek club

3 Eastbourne

good town to raise a family and TJ's used to be good,great in the summer

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
East Preston
Brought up there as a kid, family home was there for 40 years, all my endearing mates come from there.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
When I first came down to Sussex in 1995 I absolutely loved Horsham - lots of little privately owned shops including a superb second hand book shop, its own Brewery and a County Cricket out Ground. All of which have gone to be replaced by usual High Street Suspects and massive housing developments. :down:

Doesn't really answer the question does it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Shoreham. I was born there, and despite living in Portslade, I spent a lot of time in Shoreham whilst a teenager.
Later, my son was also born in Southlands.

I love the river, the beach, the downs and general atmosphere of the place. It's a shame it was slightly too expensive to buy anywhere, when returning to Sussex.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hove seafront. Just love walking along the promenade with the sun out a sea breeze looking out to the sea then stopping for an ice cream. Heaven

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Easy one this....Brighton!

Born and bred, and although I now live in Worthing, I try to get over to Brighton most weekends just to mooch and people watch and soak up the atmos.

Highly commended: Keymer & Bramber

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Lancing.

Walk from the seafront to the downs in 20 minutes.

Stand at the top of Mcintyres Field and gaze upon the Center of Excellence.

A short amble along the A27 and you're at the River Adur.

Mooch up to Lancing College and watch the planes coming in to land.

Yes it's got it's faults but It is affordable (at the moment) and WE'RE GETTING AN IKEA!!!!!!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Shoreham. I was born there, and despite living in Portslade, I spent a lot of time in Shoreham whilst a teenager.
Later, my son was also born in Southlands.

I love the river, the beach, the downs and general atmosphere of the place. It's a shame it was slightly too expensive to buy anywhere, when returning to Sussex.

We agree on something!
I love it, the river, the walks and as you say the general atmosphere. The Linksway to Bramber is one of my favourite strolls. Or up to Mill Hill, along to the Dyke, down into Southwick, stroll back via The Buckingham. Stunning. . The pubs and restaurants are first class,
I am lucky enough to be able to call it home these days. Walking home over the footbridge and the end of each working day is one of my great pleasures.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here