Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Sussex Town?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
A few get honourable mentions:

Arundel: used to work there for 3 years, love spending time down there and just came back from a superb meal with friends. Lots to do and such a picturesque place to do it.

Midhurst: Went to school there for 5 years, so lots of happy (and drunk) memories.

Horsham: Was 'the' place I used to go for all my shopping as a child - still have a good night out there occasionally in Piries Bar, just a shame the decent shops have been falling by the wayside in recent years.

Soft spots for Chichester, Billingshurst and Petworth too.

As you can tell, I'm a West Sussex chap.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why are people still playing this game😣

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

As we see to be stretching the "town" definition somewhat i would like to nominate Waldron. Quintiscenncial village centre of Church, war memorial and splendid pub - The Star.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Burwash for me too, except for the Kent thing of course. And as a youngster, back in the day - well, alright, way back in the day, I was in love with the newsagent's daughter.
When did they move Burwash from East Sussex to Kent? It was and still is in sussex and is a lovely place to live

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
As we see to be stretching the "town" definition somewhat i would like to nominate Waldron. Quintiscenncial village centre of Church, war memorial and splendid pub - The Star.

The opening post says town/ village/ area, I know the thread title says town though.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Interesting that even the grotty places. , in my opinion have received votes in this thread. I guess nostalgia for one's youth plays a big part.
For me it has to be Brighton, obviously...... I now live in Eastbourne but I still hanker for home and love to wander the Lanes and North Laine area... Whatever you want, Brighton has more of it .... and yes I know, that includes traffic!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A few get honourable mentions:

Arundel: used to work there for 3 years, love spending time down there and just came back from a superb meal with friends. Lots to do and such a picturesque place to do it.

Midhurst: Went to school there for 5 years, so lots of happy (and drunk) memories.

Horsham: Was 'the' place I used to go for all my shopping as a child - still have a good night out there occasionally in Piries Bar, just a shame the decent shops have been falling by the wayside in recent years.

Soft spots for Chichester, Billingshurst and Petworth too.

As you can tell, I'm a West Sussex chap.

Crikey, so many connections, live in Arundel, born in Horsham and work in Billingshurst ... amongst other connections!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here