Waiting List

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
View attachment 82736

Coming to a seat near you.... :)

IF we get promoted.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As has been refuted EVERY time this claim has been made, the is simply no ROOM in the stadium for thousands of JCL Premier League bandwagon hoppers.

The overwhelming majority of those attending next season (regardless of division) will be the people that are attending now, and attended last year.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I would be amazed that if you went to gillingham you back in the dark days yiu wouldnt be going now? Therefore i would guess there are a fair few of us attending unless dead or financial constraints...

I would also be surprised if these die hard fans who went to the Preistfield back then, didn't still go now out of choice. But I must admit my feeling of being the valued fan/supporter who put into the forty note fund, who wrote endless letters and signed endless petitions and protested to keep this club alive, is sadly being lost in the new corporate club that is emerging. But the Albion are not alone in this approach to modern day football. I find it all very sad.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I think over the coming months and years the Albion many of us have grown up with will change dramatically if not already, I say embrace change, it's a different world out there now peeps!!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As has been refuted EVERY time this claim has been made, the is simply no ROOM in the stadium for thousands of JCL Premier League bandwagon hoppers.

The overwhelming majority of those attending next season (regardless of division) will be the people that are attending now, and attended last year.

How many of them went to Preistfield when we needed them?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I would also be surprised if these die hard fans who went to the Preistfield back then, didn't still go now out of choice. But I must admit my feeling of being the valued fan/supporter who put into the forty note fund, who wrote endless letters and signed endless petitions and protested to keep this club alive, is sadly being lost in the new corporate club that is emerging. But the Albion are not alone in this approach to modern day football. I find it all very sad.

You could buy one of those personalised scarves they're doing, and have "Preistfield STH" written on it, so all the staff at the games know you're special??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Understand there is 1500 on waitng list. I wonder How many will go to games this season . How many have seen Albion play and how many will claim a ticket if we dont go up

I have a friend who has been sharing a season ticket with another person. He has been going for the last five years, and can now afford to buy his own season ticket. His number is one thousand and something. I hope it's alright with you when he does get his own ticket.

There are 5K general sale tickets for every game as there are 22K season tickets, so I would imagine that plenty of those who are on the waiting list, will have seen a Brighton game before.

I make no apologies for this dull and boring reply, but it's better than 'I am a good fan/super fan/better than you, because I went to Gillingham/Withdean/ watched at the Goldstone ground.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh how comical, answer my question where were they when we needed them.

You do realise that the 7K or 8K people at Withdean weren't exactly the same people, at every game. There were only 4K season ticket holders, so there must have been another 3K or 4K floating fans.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Go back and read your last few posts. Whatever point it is you are trying to make, is rather confused. You say in one post that you don't get treated as the 'valued' fan that you deserve to be, and in another that a significant % of current STH do NOT deserve respect as they were 'not there' when we needed them. How do the club / club staff tell you and the other special fans from the rest, and what specific attention is it that would satisfy your needs?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
You do realise that the 7K or 8K people at Withdean weren't exactly the same people, at every game. There were only 4K season ticket holders, so there must have been another 3K or 4K floating fans.

Of course I do. The same as the the 2k at the Preistfield were not the same and we probably had around 5k who genuinly went to Gillingham. That's a long way from the 25/30k who want to go now.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Of course I do. The same as the the 2k at the Preistfield were not the same and we probably had around 5k who genuinly went to Gillingham. That's a long way from the 25/30k who want to go now.

25/30K who 'want to go' now?

25/30K DO go now.

So unless they give up their seats, which clearly isn't about to happen, where are all the JCL glory-hunters in Arsenal / Spurs / Chelsea shirts going to sit?

(They're not - its bollocks)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've studied this picture several times and I'm still none the wiser. What is it?
I assume it's a reference to the Arsenal fan having what looks like a wicker picnic basket on his lap.

:shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Isn't it wonderful? How do you think we pay the wages of the little magician or Stockdale without their money? I love the fact that lots of people want to go to the Amex regularly.

Btw, I can remember people talking on the East terrace in the 66/67 season, saying how brilliant it was that England had won the world cup, as it had revived interest in football again, and the crowds were better at the Goldstone. Numbers will fluctuate, and if/when we drop back down the leagues, they will drop again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've studied this picture several times and I'm still none the wiser. What is it?

I think he means there might be Arsenal fans at the Amex, but I've already seen that. We played them in the FA cup a couple of years ago, so what else is new?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

I assume it's a reference to the Arsenal fan having what looks like a wicker picnic basket on his lap.

:shrug:

I think he means there might be Arsenal fans at the Amex, but I've already seen that. We played them in the FA cup a couple of years ago, so what else is new?

It's from the fast show I think, a posh Arsenal fan that knows nothing about football and is a bandwagoner

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

I`ve been going to games and supporting Brighton since the early seventies .North Stand at Goldstone. Never had season ticket till Amex. Withdean,every time I went it seemed to rain ! Never went to Gillingham !

You may consider yourself special...Not sure I or others do !!!!!

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
It's from the fast show I think, a posh Arsenal fan that knows nothing about football and is a bandwagoner
Yes, IIRC he'd sit there saying things like "I used to support Chelsea but they're not doing so well now, so I'm now an Arsenal supporter" or similar. As you say, a bandwagoner. It was funnier in the context of the show!

I first went to the Goldstone in 1972, as a five year old. Never looked back, but never made it to Gillingham due to personal circumstances at the time (medical chiefly) but a regular at Withdean, and a regular at the Amex. I would never look down though on anyone who is a newbie at the Amex for whatever reason - let's welcome them, as we all have to start somewhere! :)

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I have a friend who has been sharing a season ticket with another person. He has been going for the last five years, and can now afford to buy his own season ticket. His number is one thousand and something. I hope it's alright with you when he does get his own ticket.

There are 5K general sale tickets for every game as there are 22K season tickets, so I would imagine that plenty of those who are on the waiting list, will have seen a Brighton game before.

I make no apologies for this dull and boring reply, but it's better than 'I am a good fan/super fan/better than you, because I went to Gillingham/Withdean/ watched at the Goldstone ground.

So the person I spoke to yesterday at the club about putting my youngest on the waiting list, who said the waiting list is about 500, was fibbing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here