Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by symyjym View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "former Yugoslavia" Are they trying to avoid saying Bosnia?

Former Yugoslavia = Kosova , the Police have named the perpetrator as Fatmir H , a mentally ill man .

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
      Surely a terrorist attack has to be linked to some form of ideology - where people are attempting to create 'terror' to further their cause. Otherwise everything is a terrorist attack. We have no way of knowing whether this was terrorism or just some random lunatic.
      Yup. Terrorists, contrary to what our politicians and the media want us to believe, our rational, and not irrational. They're rational in the sense that they have a goal, and are deploying terror as a means to that particular end. Again in stark contrast to the impression created by our media and politicians, terrorists aren't terribly interested in mass destruction, and particularly weapons of mass destruction. What they're interested in is the spectacle, of which the Twin Towers attack will take some doing to surpass. When interviewed, Al Qaeda leaders have indicated that they're not interested in biological or chemical weapons, as they're counter-productive and, unlike spectacles, they don't spread fear amongst the 'enemy' population nor do they inspire those that whose identity they're appealing to.

The poster you're replying to would include domestic violence as a form of terror, probably because he's been drinking from the dirty cup constantly circulated by the media and unscrupulous politicians.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      It may be in the past tense, but in a big country, dreams stay with you

Has anyone every told you that you've got an utterly random taste in music? I mean Big Country*, that tosh band you and Ady like with the singer called Brian and Low. I put it down to your visual habits, which is messing with your auditory powers of judgment.

* they were about the third or fourth band I ever saw. In some stadium/big arena (which just about sums them up).
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      Has anyone every told you that you've got an utterly random taste in music? I mean Big Country*, that tosh band you and Ady like with the singer called Brian and Low. I put it down to your visual habits, which is messing with your auditory powers of judgment.

* they were about the third or fourth band I ever saw. In some stadium/big arena (which just about sums them up).
      I think you are probably right, although getting 22 Placebo songs into a single episode of the Albion Roar was an achievement, along with the 18 of The Smiths tracks that I sneaked into an article about the Albion's finances in the offical program a few years ago.

The only time I saw Stuart Adamson (singer/guitarist with Big Country) live was at the Top Rank in 1978 (or 9?) with The Skids, trememdous gig!

Next set of gigs lined up are Elvis Costello, Elbow, Stiff Little Fingers, 10cc, Adam Ant, The Skids,The Courteeners, Eddie Vedder, Tom Clarke (The Enemy) and Radiohead. There is no accounting for my lack of taste!
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

1 Not allowed!
      Axe Attack in Düsseldorf? Was anyone else expecting a thread about a German heavy metal festival?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I think you are probably right, although getting 22 Placebo songs into a single episode of the Albion Roar was an achievement, along with the 18 of The Smiths tracks that I sneaked into an article about the Albion's finances in the offical program a few years ago.

The only time I saw Stuart Adamson (singer/guitarist with Big Country) live was at the Top Rank in 1978 (or 9?) with The Skids, trememdous gig!

Next set of gigs lined up are Elvis Costello, Elbow, Stiff Little Fingers, 10cc, Adam Ant, The Skids,The Courteeners, Eddie Vedder, Tom Clarke (The Enemy) and Radiohead. There is no accounting for my lack of taste!
      Placebo and The Smiths in the same sentence. You're at it again.
      Members

1 Not allowed!

I am sure I was at that skids gig in 78/9..... also SLF about a year later... carnage it ws if I recall.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Jesus. Don't take this the wrong way but this is a wonderfully chaotic list of bands.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      Yup. Terrorists, contrary to what our politicians and the media want us to believe, our rational, and not irrational. They're rational in the sense that they have a goal, and are deploying terror as a means to that particular end. Again in stark contrast to the impression created by our media and politicians, terrorists aren't terribly interested in mass destruction, and particularly weapons of mass destruction. What they're interested in is the spectacle, of which the Twin Towers attack will take some doing to surpass. When interviewed, Al Qaeda leaders have indicated that they're not interested in biological or chemical weapons, as they're counter-productive and, unlike spectacles, they don't spread fear amongst the 'enemy' population nor do they inspire those that whose identity they're appealing to.

The poster you're replying to would include domestic violence as a form of terror, probably because he's been drinking from the dirty cup constantly circulated by the media and unscrupulous politicians.
      As a member of the 'enemy' population can i just say terrorists aquiring biological/chemical weapons would make me fearful. I doubt I would be alone in thinking this.
      'Our system rests to a large extent on the notion that we accept the result of free and fair elections with good grace, even if we’ve lost, and get on with making the best of it.'

2 Not allowed!
      So sad...one of my favourite cities on the Earth Planet. Clean, great fun and fabulous music bands.......

Solidarity with our Germanic cousins.

TNBA

TTF